Equipment Operator Driver
An Equipment Operator is responsible for accurately sequencing parts per customer specifications, following work instructions and verifying sequence order by using the scanning process. Safely and efficiently operate and maintain mobile warehouse equipment such as tugger or crane and hoist.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sequence products per customer specifications
- Use RF scanning equipment to verify sequencing information
- Operate hands tools, assembly equipment, basic office equipment
- Sort products for quality checking and defect containment
- Perform quality checks per company/customer specifications
- Ensure product is labeled and free from defect.
- Follow all safety and operational guidelines associated with operating crane and hoist equipment and/or mobile equipment
- Accurately complete all paperwork/documentation associated with the position.
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as sweeping or removing scrap, pallets, cardboard, etc
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Regular and reliable attendance at work
- Attention to detail
- Communication proficiency
- Technical capacity
- Teamwork orientation
- Decision making
- Results driven
- High safety regard
This job is performed in a busy warehouse environment with high forklift traffic. Warehouses are subject to seasonal temperatures. Steel-toed shoes, safety glasses and vests are required personal protective equipment (PPE).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The associate may occasionally be required to push and pull weights on a rolling conveyer exceeding 51 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Prior work experience in a warehouse and/or a Just-in-Time (JIT) environment preferred
Basic computer skills and experience with a warehouse management system are a plus
Knowledge of safety practices
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time. Schedule flexibility for extended or unplanned work hours is required.
No travel is expected in this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.