Supply Chain Coordinator
Supply Chain Coordinator
This Supply Chain Coordinator role is working as part of a collaborative and motivated supply chain team at our head office on Buckshaw Village in Chorley.
- Ensuring purchase orders are placed on suppliers in a timely manner
- Resolving enquiries in relation to the supply of products
- Liaising with warehouse employees and third party transport providers, ensuring any identified issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Expedite/De-expedite products from suppliers.
- Ensure responses are accurately loaded to internal ERP, inventory and demand planning software and ensure the appropriate stock levels and back order fulfilment
- Work collaboratively with internal departments such as the reporting, planning, purchasing and technical teams
- Lead or participate in supplier meetings to drive improvements in performance
- Compilation of ad hoc reports/ad hoc data input
- Make recommendations for process improvements based on knowledge/experience
Client Specific Tasks which may include:
- Customer delivery, returns and warranty management
- Repairable management
- Loading system data
- Plant equipment stock management
- Depot resupply orders
- Keying customer demands providing acknowledgement and highlighting discrepancies
- Periodic stock takes
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will be educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent, you will also be an effective communicator at all levels who is resilient and able to think clearly and react appropriately when under pressure.
You will have the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate internally within TVS and externally with suppliers. You will be literate and numerate with a good attention to detail.
It is an advantage if you have a good working knowledge of ERP and are a competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel. Previous industry sector background is desirable but not essential with experience of international trade being advantageous.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
TVS supply chain solutions are a global provider of outsourced supply chain management solutions, delivering real change to our customers across a wide range of sectors including the MOD, Utilities organisations, beverage companies, automotive and the rail industry. TVS internationally have an annual turnover in excess of $8billion and employ over 39,000 employees across the globe. The company has a strong growth strategy and ethos for continuous improvement, to enable the continued delivery of world class service to its customers, which remains cost effective and Industry leading.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.