How can We help
Comprehensive range of Free Trade Warehousing Zone solutionsfor our client's requirements
TVS SCS offers Free trade warehousing zone bonded services to a number of global customers that serve a wide range of supply chain activities such as warehousing, inbound transportation, distribution, customs clearance, and customer-specific value-added services. TVS SCS provides end-to-end service from port to customer destination, fulfilling customer expectations on safety, quality, and timely delivery of goods. Through proven service expertise, TVS SCS has received approvals from the Unit Approval Committee to perform Value Added Service (VAS) activities such as kitting, bolting services, ambient temperature storage services, packing, spare parts segregation, and repacking services.
Key Highlights on TVS SCS Free Trade Warehousing Zone
- Foreign entities are allowed to operate in the Free Trade Warehousing Zone
- Dedicated customs compliance setup available
- Period of storage of goods without duty payment for five years subject to country regulations (As long as TVS Letter of Approval is valid)
- Payment of duty and compliance to allied activities only when the goods move out of Free Trade Warehousing Zone into Domestic Tariff Area (DTA)
- Duty deferment for the goods stored in Free Trade Warehousing Zone
- Value-added operations permitted within TVS SCS Free Trade Warehousing Zone
- Ease of re-exports and re-import. No duty is involved for the Import/re-export of goods from TVS SCS
- Multi-user facility with experienced shared resources resulting in zero CAPEX for customers
- Possibility of using this facility as a regional hub. Permits operations of the Vendor Managed Inventory.
- Elimination of customs activities of bonded warehouses
- Movement of goods from customs gateway port basis a trans-shipment procedure without examination by customs, in turn decreasing customs process lead time
- Duty can be paid online through the E-payment portal (Since June 2020)
- If rework/repair required for goods in Free Trade Warehousing Zone, on temporary removal basis, goods can be taken out of Free Trade Warehousing Zone without duty payment
TECHNOLOGY AIDS OUR FREE TRADE WAREHOUSING ZONE WAREHOUSES
A Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) is being used to track the material in our warehouses. TVS SCS’ in-house WMS software offers end-to-end warehouse management, starting from demand planning to last-mile delivery of the materials. TVS SCS shares highly customisable and automated reports based on customer requirements.
Our Free Trade Warehousing Zone has a dedicated customs compliance team to cater to special customs requirements and advise customers on duty/tax benefits. For larger bulk items and cargo not applicable for warehouse storage, we can accommodate the goods with an open yard and/or crane facilities if required.
Technology aids our FTWZ warehouses
A Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) is being used to track the material in our warehouses. TVS SCS' in-house WMS software offers end-to-end warehouse management, starting from demand planning to last-mile delivery of the materials. TVS SCS shares highly customisable and automated reports based on customer requirements. Our Free Trade Warehousing Zone has a dedicated customs compliance team to cater to special customs requirements and advise customers on duty/tax benefits. For larger bulk items and cargo not applicable for warehouse storage, we can accommodate the goods with an open yard and/or crane facilities if required.
Why TVS SCS?
100 Years Of Excellence In Trading And Technology
Pivotal Supply Chain Solutions To Top Companies In The World
Warehouse Space, Labour & Technology Anywhere It’s Needed
Customised Solutions With AI Integrations And Machine Learning
FTWZ is a select category of Special Economic Zone (SEZ), which can be used as an international trading hub where FTWZ units on behalf of foreign entities can perform trading, warehousing, and storage, and other value-added activities for their goods. It is a deemed foreign territory allowed to operate under the international customs law.
- Warehousing and storage (Ground storage, Hi-Bay racking, binning and open yard)
- Transportation – Inbound, outbound, and last-mile delivery
- Customs clearance for import and export of goods
- Re-export and repair/rework customs services
- Trading of goods
- Country specific sustainable packing services
- Kitting, bolting, and assembly of CKD and SKD items
- Cold room services (Ambient temperature storage)
- Repacking and labelling
- FTWZ cargos get the same kind of tax benefits as any other standard port clearance cargos for various type of supplies, i.e. to Special Economic Zone / EOU / STPI / Bonded Warehouse.
- If rework/repair required for goods in FTWZ, on a temporary removal basis, goods can be taken out of FTWZ without duty payment within a country’s borders.
- For unique materials, if approvals and licenses are required from Government authorities, goods can be moved from port to TVS SCS FTWZ as it avoids container demurrage charges at port.
Units in FTWZ get a validity period of 5 years under the Letter of Approval (LOA). It can be extended after the end of the validity period. A foreign entity can keep the goods in FTWZ as long the unit holds the validity to operate in FTWZ premises.
The client can pay the customs duty during the time of clearance. In some countries FTWZ is a scheme launched by the government where a client of the FTWZ unit can defer the customs duty without any interest.
Yes. TVS SCS operates in various business models based on customer requirements. Please use our contact form to get in touch and learn more about our business models.
TVS SCS has 200,000 sq ft of warehouse space with an adequate open yard to accommodate unique/odd-sized materials. We operate with 12 docks to ensure the safe movement of both inbound and outbound operations. FTWZ warehouse has various MHEs ranging from forklifts up to 5T, reach trucks, stackers, hand trolleys. The warehouse space has been strategically categorised with ground and rack space to accommodate items of different dimensions, material grade, and type of movement (fast/slow).