- To supervise all outbound operational processes, ensuring accurate and timely despatch of customer orders.
- Through effective leadership create an engaged workforce dedicated to maximising the efficiency and effectiveness of the Distribution Centre.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of DC colleagues, ensuring adherence to operating processes across areas including:
- Marshalling / Consolidation
- Reporting and analysis of errors
- Resolution of queries
- Daily team briefs
- Training and driving CI to reduce cost and improve productivity and efficiency and safety via structured CI workshops and shopfloor involvement improvements.
- Health and Safety champion.
- Setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision.
- Organising workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Undertake proactive performance management of DC colleagues under your control to ensure that daily targets are achieved within time & budget constraints
- Take a lead role in identifying & implementing continuous improvement opportunities, focused on delivering inspirational service to our customers using Kaizen and 5s methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with all TVS SCS policies and where necessary take steps to address issues
- Ensure Health & Safety is paramount, and that best practice is continually strived for
- Be an integral member of the wider DC management team supporting, co-operating, and working with others to achieve common objectives
- Maintain T&A system on a daily basis i.e. Holidays, absence, training, etc.
- Deputise for site Operations manager in the event of absence/holidays.
- Flexible working hours to cover back and night shifts in the event of absence/holiday.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of how a warehouse environment operates and its associated process flows
- Knowledge of operating within a continuous improvement environment
- Knowledge of exportation of goods is desirable
- Ideally a member of the Institute of Logistics & Transport
- Strong people management, motivational and leadership skills are essential
- Ability to think on your feet and make key decisions when under pressure
- Excellent communication skills are required at both verbal and written level
- A pro-active, forward thinking problem solver
- Good PC and analytical skills important
- Knowledge of CI Methodologies such as PDCA, Kaizen, 5S and DMAIC.
- Significant experience of working within a distribution centre environment
- Recent and demonstrable people management experience
- Experience of working within a unionised environment/culture
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer