- To supervise all outbound operational processes, ensuring accurate and timely dispatch of customer orders.
- Through effective leadership, create an engaged workforce dedicated to maximising the efficiency and effectiveness of the Distribution Centre.
Responsible for day to day management of DC colleagues, ensuring adherence to operating processes across areas including:
- Marshalling / Consolidation
- Reporting and analysis of errors
- Resolution of queries
- Daily team briefs
- Undertake proactive performance management of DC colleagues under your control to ensure that daily targets are achieved within time & budget constraints
- Take a lead role in identifying & implementing continuous improvement opportunities, focused on delivering inspirational service to our customers
- Ensure compliance with all TVS SCS policies and where necessary take steps to address issues
- Ensure Health & Safety is paramount and that best practice is continually strived for
- Be an integral member of the wider DC management team supporting, co-operating and working with others to achieve common objectives
- Maintain T&A system on a daily basis i.e. Holidays, absence, training, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of how a warehouse environment operates and its associated process flows.
- Knowledge of operating within a continuous improvement environment
- Knowledge of exportation of goods is desirable.
- Ideally a member of the Institute of Logistics & Transport
- Strong people management, motivational and leadership skills are essential
- Ability to think on your feet and make key decisions when under pressure
- Excellent communication skills are required at both verbal and written level
- A pro-active, forward thinking problem solver
- Good PC and analytical skills important
- Significant experience of working within a distribution center environment
- Recent and demonstrable people management experience
- Experience of working within a unionised environment/culture