- The Software tester primary role is to ensure our software operates as intended.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and overall quality assurance for software services and products.
With support and training from Testing Manager:
- Design and prepare test scenarios and plans to effectively and efficiently test the software change.
- Conduct software testing to ensure software is fit for purpose.
- Ensure errors and security issues are identified, recorded, prioritised and corrected before release.
- Uses agreed department tools to record activities.
- Communicates activities via test manager using agreed status recording procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrates understanding of the importance of clear and accurate documentation of software tests.
- Demonstrates an interest in software development and the importance of the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of security by design and how to test for software errors.
- Logical and creative thinker.
- Ability to work independently and take some responsibility using own initiative.
- Ability to communicate in a variety of styles and situations.
- Studied in IT related subject post-secondary education or comparable on-the-job experience as a Software Quality Engineer or Analyst.
- Good working knowledge of ERP
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Building relationships within the team around the business
Testing training and guidance will be provided – however, a good foundation in Msys applications with an interest in moving in to the IT development team
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.