The Software tester primary role is to ensure our software operates as intended.
Responsible for: planning, scheduling, coordinating, and overall quality assurance for software services and products.
With support and training from Testing Manager:
- Design and prepare test scenarios and plans to effectively and efficiently test the software change.
- Conduct software testing to ensure software is fit for purpose.
- Ensure errors and security issues are identified, recorded, prioritised and corrected before release.
- Uses agreed department tools to record activities.
- Communicates activities via test manager using agreed status recording procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrates understanding of the importance of clear and accurate documentation of software tests.
- Demonstrates an interest in software development and the importance of the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of security by design and how to test for software errors.
- Logical and creative thinker.
- Ability to work independently and take some responsibility using own initiative.
- Ability to communicate in a variety of styles and situations.
- Studied in IT related subject post-secondary education or comparable on-the-job experience as a Software Quality Engineer or Analyst.
- Good working knowledge of ERP
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Building relationships within the team around the business
Testing training and guidance will be provided – however, a good foundation in Msys applications with an interest in moving in to the IT development team
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.