To actively support the operation of the business by providing an effective professional business focused generalist HR Service advising and assisting managers to achieve business objectives and making sure best practice with regards to HR policies and processes.
- Advise and support line managers and the wider business when queries arise relating to Employee Relations; Recruitment & Selection; Pay & Reward and Training and Development issues whilst adhering to CIPD professional standards
- Work in partnership with line managers during recruitment and induction phases offering advice on individual performance management issues
- Support line manager development with advice and training both one to one and in groups
- Maintain contact with and provide advice and support to employees who are absent from the business due to sickness, parental leave etc
- Ensure HR matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements
- Assist the Head of HR with acquisitions and contract bids in terms of TUPE and HR related issues whilst acknowledging the need for the integration of different policies and cultures,
- Liaise with TU and Employee Representatives in all aspects of HR working practice
- Represent the HR team at the Joint Works & Management meetings and the Colleague Forum meetings
- Support the Head of HR with any re-structuring or organisational changes
- Support the Senior HRBP/HRBP in compiling and delivering training on HR policies and Employment Law updates
- Support the HR Business Partner in ensuring the monthly HR Measures relating to turnover, absence, training and headcount are accurate prior to inclusion in the monthly ROCT report
- Manage colleague relationships by responding promptly and accurately to queries whilst managing their expectations
- Facilitate HR processes across all business units
- Undertake grievance, disciplinary, capability and investigation hearings
- Assist the Head of HR in undertaking Colleague Satisfaction Surveys
- Deliver Inductions for New Starters
Qualifications and Skills
- CIPD qualified or willing to work towards with a good understanding of Employment Law
- High level of IT competency in Microsoft Excel/Windows/PowerPoint/Access
- Proven effective communication skills at all levels
- Excellent organisational/administration skills
- Generalist HR exposure
- Ability to visit other business units as and when required to undertake HR/ER activities
- Strong interpersonal & influencing skills
- Proven problem solving ability
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Customer Focussed
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
TVS are currently operating on a fully remote working basis, there will however, be a period of time at the start of your employment spent in our office familiarising yourself with our systems and process. The longer term plan is to introduce hybrid remote and office working.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.