To deliver a Cost Base Reduction (CBR) committed to the Authority through the development of a cost-effective, commercially-driven supply base, and meets the requirements for Governance and availability.
- Capture and analyse data on the existing supply chain, the commercial markets and potential new entrants to the market.
- Based on the data analysis, create and maintain strategy plans, working with all stakeholders to deliver the CBR and availability requirements .
- Capture all documentation developed by Commodity, Category, and Acquisition and Contracts Management, required to support the tendering of the Category requirements.
- Identify and enact Supplier Development opportunities that add value to the Authority, Supplier and Team Leidos Support Chain and which drive out cost.
- Hold specific commodity expertise and manage categories that are key to their strengths.
- Participate in routine cross-functional efforts within CSS.
- Collaborating with all stakeholders for data gathering and analysis to update the Category Strategy
- Develop and prepare commercial product specifications.
- Develop and disseminate document packs that consolidate all the information for a specific category in order that the strategy can be enacted and tendered by Acquisition and Contract Management .
- Conduct basic supplier assessment to ensure the suppliers proposed to Acquisition and Contract Management are of sound standing both commercially and financially.
- Responsible for creating document packs for their Categories in conjunction with all Stakeholders.
- Identify areas in which improvements could drive out cost .
- Implement continual improvement tasks with suppliers to implement best practises, best value and lower costs.
- Tracking and reporting progress against Cost Base Reduction (CBR).
- Identifying suppliers with the best capability to satisfy customer requirements.
- Collaborating with suppliers through direct engagement to clearly communicate customer requirements and understand supplier constraints com¬pared with customer requirements, to contract for the best possible result from suppliers and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assuring a disciplined approach for visibility of the right supplier performance metrics to optimise the support chain.
- Identify additional opportunities and actively develop mutually profitable relationships with suppliers
- Participate in every review of the Supplier Scorecards so as to nurture our supplier relationships.
- Support Strategic Supplier negotiations
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years’ experience in a relevant Purchasing / Supply Chain environment.
- Ideally educated to HND / Degree Level Qualification in relevant subject, MCIPS qualified or working towards, or equivalent qualification.
- Professional and Ethical in Approach.
- Proven ability to persuade, influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent Communicator at all Levels across all Media.
- Good Understanding of Supply Chain Management and Procurement, including Best Practise Purchasing and Sourcing Tools and Techniques.
- MS Office.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
Please note we work on a hybrid model of four days working from home and one day in our offices in Emersons Green, Bristol each week. Therefore, you must be located within reasonable commuting distance to Bristol.