To analyse, specify and implement computer based application deployed within TVS business units.
- Develop detailed project plans and maintain plan through life of project
- Business process analysis culminating in User agreed business requirements definition for systems development
- Translation of business requirements definition into detailed system functional specification gaining sign-off from business owners
- Liase with Software Developers during technical design development
- Support Software QA team in the development of System Test Specifications and co-ordination of user test activity based on the functional specifications and business scenarios.
- Where necessary will perform and support others in performing software testing.
- Provide process and operational support documentation
- Deliver project activities in line with agreed time scales, ensuring any changes to approved timing are formally agreed with Manager/Project Leader and Business Owners.
- Communicate software development to Business colleagues
- Provide assistance to the support team in fault finding and problem resolution with existing IT Systems.
- Contribute to IT projects as part of a team or as a team leader.
- Provide advise and guidance to users to exploit current systems capability
Qualifications and Skills
- Self starter, able to work on activities with minimal supervision
- Understanding of System development methodology.
- Understanding of supply chain application systems and business processes
- Problem solving and analysis
- Sound Interpersonal skills (written and oral communication)
- Creativity and innovation
- Experience of working on IT related projects
- 2 years experience in an IT Systems Development Environment
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.