How can We help
Integrated packaging solutionsTo simplyfy asset transportation
The development of returnable packaging reduces an organisation’s dependency on traditional packaging methods such as wood and corrugated material. Traditional packaging loses structural integrity after one or two uses therefore requiring frequent replenishment. Returnable packaging involves assets and dunnage, which can be used in multiple cycles in a supply chain.
TVS SCS provide a number of services to help you find the correct packaging solution for your requirement. We have experienced professionals to support you at each stage starting from concept to manufacturing. Our dedicated manufacturing plants develop packaging using state-of-the-art equipment. All our packaging solutions adhere to global/international standards which give our clients the flexibility of choosing their optimal packaging solution.
TVS SCS’ packaging solutions enable your goods to arrive safely and intact at both domestic and overseas destinations, an important factor in order to avoid additional shipping costs, remanufacturing costs and maintain customer satisfaction, all of which impact your bottom line. Often packaging boxes are benchmarked against international standard footprints.
Our technical experts understand the packaging requirements within the supply chain and the overseas journey. TVS SCS’ packaging solution considers all means of transport including rail, air, ocean and land. Engineering analysis supports packaging design and optimisation, for example, the weight versus volume for optimal cube utilisation of a container allowing you to benefit from cost-effective shipments.
The benefits of choosing TVS SCS for this service:
- Robust - Infrastructure to deliver and collect a variety of reusable bulk containers and reusable dunnage.
- Global Presence - Present across 50+ Countries across the globe.
- Experience - We have over 100 years of expertise in packaging.
- Transparency - In-house developed Packaging Asset Management System for traceability and transparency.
- Trust - Partner with Major global Brands.
- Technology - State-of-the-art manufacturing facilities.
- Tailored - We have an in-house design team which uses the latest software to give accurate and advance packaging solutions
- Governance - Adhere to global packaging standards.
- Flexibility - Provide a number of flexible solutions to provide our clients with the best service we can.
Technology Based packaging Solutions
As companies grow the complexity to track assets efficiently decreases, thus the consideration of utilising technology and Internet of Things (IoT) technology such as asset tags, scanning systems, and live feeds can give our clients the insights of the entire transaction of an asset from any location supported by customised dashboards.
RFID tags and tracking devices enable assets to have live feeds through a number of platforms including mobile, desktop, and any other internet-connected device. The 24/7 monitoring of movement provides our client with full visibility at various stages of the supply chain.
Why TVS SCS?
100 Years Of Excellence In Trading And Technology
Pivotal Supply Chain Solutions To Top Companies In The World
Warehouse Space, Labour & Technology Anywhere It’s Needed
Customised Solutions With AI Integrations And Machine Learning
The Returnable Packaging Association (RPA) defines ‘returnable packaging’ as packaging which includes reusable pallets, racks, bulk containers, hand-held containers and dunnage that moves product efficiently and safely throughout the supply chain. Reusable packaging is typically used by manufacturers/processors and their suppliers/customers in a well-organised supply chain, with very tightly managed shipping loops. Returnable packaging is often constructed of durable materials such as metal, plastic or wood and is designed to withstand heavy handling to ensure asset integrity as it is transported through the supply chain.
According to the Returnable Packaging Association (RPA) Reusable transport packaging generally needs to meet four requirements to be considered “reusable”:
- The packaging is designed for reuse in the same or similar application, or for another purposeful packaging use in a supply chain.
- The packaging is highly durable to function properly in its original condition for multiple trips and its lifetime.
- During its useful life, the packaging is repeatedly recovered, inspected, repaired if necessary, and reissued into the supply chain for reuse.
- The packaging operates in a system that prevents it from becoming solid waste, and a process is in place for the recovery and recycling of the product at the end of its life.
Typically there are three main types of returnable packaging which are:
- Polypropelene based packaging
- Metal-based packaging
We provide E2E part level tracking through using the latest technology like Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and Internet of Things (IoT). We also provide live dashboard and reports giving our clients full visibility of their assets in transition.
- Smart movement tracking
- Realtime location services
- Smart storage solution
- Universal smart and secured box
- Smart safety solution for moving goods
- Smart safety solution for warehousing
- Wood – We provide nail-less pine wood packaging which can be used for an extensive period. This type of packaging is useful when the asset is large in size. Often this type of packaging is used in EXIM packaging.
- Metal – We provide standard foldable metal containers that can be customised to requirement. We have a team of designers and manufacturing facilities to provide our custom solutions. The benefits of using metal for returnable packaging is that its lightweight and collapsible.
- Polypropylene (PP) – We provide standard foldable PP containers which can also be customised to specific requirements.
- Dunnage’s – This is made for keeping assets secure during transport. This is made of PP, textiles, wood and other materials to help maintain the quality of the transported assets.
It means Packaging solution for Export and Import movement of the part. The primary purpose is to keep part safe, moisture-free during transit. Recently a lot of returnable packaging option for EXIM is available
We provide Designing, solutions, packaging, packing of parts in EXIM quality and standard. We also provide a tracking mechanism to track part level visibility. We try to integrate with our EXIM Freight division and try to give E2E solution for the customer. Recently we have started returnable packaging too.
Yes, we provide a returnable packaging solution for EXIM packaging. We do it with a proper tracking mechanism and give complete visibility to the customer. We have our own Fright division which takes care of Customer clearance and movement.