The purpose of this role is to manage a team of buyers and to take overall responsibility for ensuring the purchasing objectives for each client sector are met to deliver the overall business objectives whilst supporting the TVS growth plan to ensure we are commercially competitive to win new business. Also, to identify and implement opportunities for process and performance improvements. Whilst taking ownership for personal workload.
- Manage buyers and multifunctional teams to plan, implement and deliver category strategies to meet the tender briefs set by the client within their industry sector.
- Supplier management – monitor and assist the team to ensure that suitable suppliers are identified and engaged to support TVS requirements.
- Assist the buyers with preparation and meetings, attend the relevant meetings with the buyers. Work with Supply Chain to incorporate their input into the strategic reviews.
- Take responsibility for coaching and performance managing all members of the team.
- Ensure that all team members operate in line with department procedures & work instructions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience in a purchasing environment, previous experience in team leadership would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of working on new business tenders.
- Educated to Degree Level Qualification or equivalent in relevant subject, MCIPS qualified a key requirement.
- Must be a good communicator with a flexible, self – managing approach to workload and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Very strong interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Proficient quality, engineering, process and materials knowledge.
- Professional and Ethical in Approach
- Six Sigma Certification (desirable).
- Willingness to travel (essential)
- Offsite working may be required for solution design with customer/supplier.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.