To work as an integral part of the Business Implementation team, leading medium to complex projects whilst directing and motivating the project team; supporting the roll out of the Project Management Framework; and assisting with the creation of an auditable process that can be adopted by the wider business.
Project Management Framework
- Manage the Project Management Framework to ensure that material is appropriately filed for future reference – in accordance with Compliance and ISO accreditation
- Ensure Project Management documentation templates are updated and communicated appropriately throughout each project
- Support the Head of Business Solutions and Implementation with the management of information throughout the transition to new platforms, and communication of the new ways of working to the wider business.
- Take responsibility for overall progress of assigned medium to complex projects, ensuring all essential project documentation is completed and maintained throughout the project lifecycle
- Execute professional and effective planning and control of projects including regular monitoring, risk analysis and issues tracking, change control and contingency planning, to maintain the overall direction and integrity of the project
- Setting deliverables for each project and ensuring the quality for these remains high throughout the implementation
- Ensure projects are implemented within contractual obligations, whilst managing client expectations.
- Produce & maintain project schedules and other deliverable documentation as required by the project delivery methodology
- Detect potential issues and implement solutions when issues threaten to delay the timeline or impact budget or business operations.
- Build strong relationships with clients during the implementation phase of new business contracts
- Liaise with other departments to ensure a smooth implementation of new projects
- Drive internal stakeholder engagement, communication and management
- Capture workshop and key meeting outputs (minutes/process mapping/action log updates)
- Support Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) during the implementation phase of the project to ensure processes are set up correctly and tested prior to go live
- Support the SMEs post-go live to ensure any unknown arising issues are resolved efficiently and documented as per the project management framework.
- Support the team with creation and development of work instructions and process templates to work towards a standardised process that can be communicated to the wider business.
- Remain abreast of relevant project management and logistics industries developments
- Develop strong inter-personal relationships with other members of the Business Implementation team and colleagues across the wider business
- Remain up to date with internal and external process and technical developments to implement the most appropriate customer solution
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Confident and proactive
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally across departments and at multiple levels internally
- Competence in using Microsoft Office suite and IT competent
- Presentation skills using appropriate media
- Attention to detail and organisational skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
- Willing to learn and progress in dynamic organisation
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work independently, work within a group and lead a team
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Creative and able to think “outside the box” and provide a meaningful contribution to innovative business solutions
- Commercial approach and a good level of business awareness
- Previous experience of working in a project management environment
- APM / PRINCE 2 Qualification
- Desirable – experience of creating process maps/ process flow diagrams (ideally using Microsoft Visio)
- Desirable – experience and knowledge of continuous improvement principles and methodologies