The role of the Operations Manager is to lead and develop the distribution centre (DC) supervisory management team, team leaders and DC direct employees.
To strive towards best-in-class operational service identifying failure trends, leading root cause corrective actions and implement continuous improvement activity. To engage and develop relationships with internal managers and external stakeholders in order service, quality and health and safety standards are maintained and enhanced throughout the operation.
- To lead and manage the DC operational process and functions ensuring all customer expectations are met, enhanced and exceeded.
- To display a ‘can do’ attitude and the leadership and motivation to ensure the teams embrace and thrive on Change Management and Continuous Improvement.
- To identify failure trends, identify and lead root cause corrective action teams across the business unit and to actively participate in established service improvement projects
- To manage the achievement of agreed targets within the teams and introduce new internal targets and goals where necessary that continues to improve the operational function and service delivery.
- To support the department and company in key client and customer facing meetings.
- To ensure the operational teams meet the needs of the business in terms of work pattern and coverage managing holidays, absence and capacity in line with capacity plan
- To fully capture and report accurately the operational performance, ensuring daily, weekly and monthly reporting is completed on time in full.
- To ensure development of the direct team is maintained through multi skill training and clear communications and employee involvement meetings
- To ensure continued development of the DC supervisory management team and progression plan is maintained.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven previous experience in a similar role with the determination to succeed and the ability to perform under pressure
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills coupled with a ‘can-do’ attitude that embraces change.
- Ability to manage departmental workload dynamically to achieve key tasks as expressed within client contractual service level agreements
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making with the ability to work under pressure, be creative in approach and solve problems with speed, whilst working within policy guidelines
- Strong people management and leadership skills are required in this role, specifically in the areas of providing direction and performance coaching.
- Full, UK Driving License as there may be requirements to visit other UK TVS sites
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.