TVS are working as part of Team Leidos, which is a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
The Category Specialist will be working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
The purpose of the role is to deliver a Cost Base Reduction (CBR) committed to the MOD through the development of a cost-effective, commercially-driven supply base which meets the requirements for governance and availability.
Please note we work on a hybrid model of four days working from home and one day in our offices in Emersons Green, Bristol each week. Therefore, you must be located within reasonable commuting distance to Bristol.
· Support the Category Manager to capture and analyse data on the existing supply chain, the commercial markets and potential new entrants to the market.
· Based on the data analysis, assist in the creation of and maintaining of strategy plans, working with all stakeholders to deliver the CBR and availability requirements.
· Collate all documentation developed by Commodity, Category, and Acquisition and Contracts Management, required to support the tendering of the Category requirements.
· Participate in routine cross-functional efforts within CSS.
· Assist in the collaborating with all stakeholders for data gathering and analysis to update the Category Managers
· Collate document packs that consolidate all the information for a specific category in order that the strategy can be enacted and tendered by Acquisition and Contract Management.
· Conduct basic supplier assessment to ensure the suppliers proposed to Acquisition and Contract Management are of sound standing both commercially and financially.
· Updating the Cost Base Reduction (CBR) tracker.
· Identifying suppliers with the best capability to satisfy customer requirements.
· Assist the Category Managers in collaborating with suppliers through direct engagement to clearly communicate customer requirements and understand supplier constraints compared with customer requirements, to contract for the best possible result from suppliers and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Participate in every review of the Supplier Scorecards so as to nurture our supplier relationships.
Qualifications and Skills
· Previous experience in a relevant Purchasing / Supply Chain environment.
· Ideally educated to HND / Degree Level Qualification in relevant subject, MCIPS qualified or working towards, or equivalent qualification.
· Professional and Ethical in Approach.
· Proven ability to persuade, influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
· Excellent Communicator at all Levels across all Media.
· Good Understanding of Supply Chain Management and Procurement, including Best Practise Purchasing and Sourcing Tools and Techniques.
· MS Office. Excel proficient
· Ability to manage a dynamic workload and prioritise activities to achieve business objectives
· Proven ability to manage complex requirements to timely conclusion, ensuring by in from other functions.
· Time management
· Project management
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.