Supporting a major contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to our public sector client.
We are now recruiting for a Buyer/ Category Specialist, to work at our offices in North Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way procurement works.
The role of the Buyer/ Category Specialist is to create and implement procurement strategies to support business growth, cost saving initiatives and optimised value for the company and the end client.
- Optimise project deliverables consistent with the expectations and objectives surrounding quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Capture and analyse data on the existing supply chain, the commercial markets and potential new entrants to the market.
- Based on the data analysis, create and maintain strategy plans, working with all stakeholders to deliver the CBR and availability requirements.
- Identify and enact Supplier Development opportunities that add value to the client, Supplier and Team which drive out cost.
- Conduct basic supplier assessment to ensure the suppliers proposed to Acquisition and Contract Management are of sound standing both commercially and financially.
- Implement continual improvement tasks with suppliers to implement best practises, best value and lower costs.
- Identifying suppliers with the best capability to satisfy customer requirements.
- Collaborating with suppliers through direct engagement to clearly communicate customer requirements and understand supplier constraints compared with customer requirements, to contract for the best possible result from suppliers and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identify additional opportunities and actively develop mutually profitable relationships with suppliers
- Participate in every review of the Supplier Scorecards so as to nurture our supplier relationships.
- Support Strategic Supplier negotiations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience in a relevant purchasing and or supply chain environment.
- Experience in implementing commodity sourcing strategies.
- Ideally educated to Degree Level or equivalent qualification in relevant subject
- MCIPS qualified or studying towards the qualification
- Good understanding of supply chain management, procurement and sourcing techniques.
- Ability to work efficiently to tight timescales in an environment requiring attention to detail
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
Please note we work on a hybrid model of four days working from home and one day in our offices in Emersons Green, Bristol each week. Therefore, you must be located within reasonable commuting distance to Bristol.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.