- Develop and implement procurement strategies to ensure TVS meet the requirements of the client.
- Manage a specific group of suppliers & commodities consistent with the expectations and objectives (Quality, Service, Cost) of TVS and its clients to deliver cost downs and support client KPI’s.
- Working efficiently to tight timescales to ensure tender deadlines are met, the role requires a dynamic and quick thinking approach to ensure optimised value for the company and the client.
- Close working relationships to be maintained with the client and Account/Business Development Managers.
- Management of multifunctional teams concentrating on cost, negotiation, sourcing and product change within a complex supplier package.
- Maintain and negotiate commercial data and supply agreements.
- Support the operational supply function with problem resolution.
- Achievements of Company targets on cost control, quality improvement and lead time improvement.
- Reduce the total cost of acquisition.
- Development of short, medium and long term commodity strategies.
- Negotiate with current and new suppliers to achieve best prices and terms.
- Negate supplier inflation.
- Provide procurement support to the account management team.
- Work in partnership with internal stakeholders to achieve company goals.
- Adherence to the quality procedures and principles at all times.
- Cross functional working with Engineers, SQA, Planning and Supply Chain.
- Manage a complex and varied workload to ensure focus is maintained on key actions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in implementing commodity sourcing strategies.
- Able to work efficiently to tight timescales in an environment requiring attention to detail.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Professional and Ethical in approach.
- Excellent communicator at all levels across all media.
- Demonstrable track record in managing direct relationships with major suppliers.
- Good understanding of supply chain management and procurement, including best practice purchasing and sourcing tools and techniques.
- Excellent grasp of commercial purchasing opportunities and contract negotiation and management skills.
- Proven and experienced negotiator.
- ERP or MRP functionality.
- MS Office.
- Willingness to travel/offsite working.
- MCIPS (required).
- Extensive experience in a Purchasing / Supply Chain environment (specific experience in Automotive would be of particular interest).