Working in the purchasing team, supporting the delivery of a range of categories to deliver both the contracted pricing strategy and product availability whilst maintaining the required quality. Ensure all day to day purchasing activity is completed in a timely manner in line with business and client expectations.
- Creating and developing a strategic long term plan for the development of categories for which you are responsible leading to successful delivery
- Completing analysis to support decision making
- Strategic sourcing of categories leading key stakeholders in the running of tenders
- Identify and mitigate supply and commercial risks throughout the implementation process of strategy and successful tenders
- Optimise project deliverables consistent with the expectations and objectives surrounding quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Negotiate all the key commercial data and supplier agreements relative to a specific project.
- Manage strategic supplier negotiations to eliminate cost.
- Implement Supplier Rebates
- Building and driving relationships with key vendors to improve pricing and quality of services
- Develop special arrangements with vendors to enhance product promotions
- Record Client gainshare and cost reduction using ERP
- Provide category updates to the Client
- Identify and enact supplier development opportunities that add value and aid contract delivery
- Identify additional opportunities and actively develop mutually profitable relationships with suppliers
- Develop strong and effective external client relationships to ensure the needs of the customer are understood and met.
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to degree level or similar
- Previous significant experience in a procurement or sourcing environment
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Experience in project management and/or in managing a large programme of work from sourcing to delivery
- Strategic sourcing – experience in development of category and sourcing strategies across multiple stakeholders
- Able to lead a project team independently as well as work as part of a team
- Evidence of stakeholder management
- Ability to present information in a clear, concise manner up to senior leadership team level
- Professional and Ethical in Approach
- Excellent Communicator at all Levels Across all Media
- Demonstrable Track Record in Managing Direct Relationships with Major Suppliers
- Excellent Grasp of Commercial Purchasing Opportunities and Contract Negotiation and Management Skills. Proven and Experienced Negotiator
- Full Driving Licence and Willingness to Travel
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 additional days available)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.