Working within the Procurement team focusing on cost down initiatives, client support and new business opportunities. Creating and implementing procurement strategies to support business growth, increased margins and cost saving initiatives. Working efficiently to tight timescales to ensure business deadlines are met, the role requires a dynamic and quick thinking approach to ensure optimised value for the company and the client. Close working relationships to be maintained with the Client and Account/Business Development Managers.
Main Duties & responsibilities:
- Develop and Implement strategies on cost down initiatives.
- Represent procurement function in client facing meetings/presentations.
- Negotiate supplier commercials, contracts and supplier agreements.
- Negate supplier
- Strategic spend analysis.
- Supplier relationship management.
- Resourcing activities.
- Ownership of client’s strategic needs.
- Identify and mitigate supply and commercial risks throughout the implementation process.
- Optimise project deliverables consistent with the expectations and objectives surrounding quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Implement supplier rebates.
- Record client gainshare and cost reduction using ERP.
- Support operational needs as required.
- Manage a complex and varied workload to ensure focus is maintained on key actions.
- Cross functional working.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in implementing commodity sourcing strategies.
- Running tenders and supplier benchmarking experience- engaging with strategic suppliers to ensure competitive commercial position.
- Able to work efficiently to tight timescales in an environment requiring attention to detail.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Professional and Ethical in approach.
- Excellent communicator at all levels across all media.
- Demonstrable track record in managing direct relationships with major suppliers.
- Good understanding of supply chain management and procurement, including best practise purchasing and sourcing tools and techniques.
- Excellent grasp of commercial purchasing opportunities, contract negotiation and management skills.
- Proven and experienced negotiator.
- ERP or MRP functionality.
- MS Office.
- Willingness to travel/offsite working.
- MCIPS (Preferable) or working towards.
- Degree qualification (Desirable).
- Extensive experience in a Purchasing / Supply Chain environment (specific experience in the beverage sector would be of particular interest).
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
Due to the current pandemic situation we are currently adhering to all government advice, limited number of people in the office at any given time with working from home options available.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.