Transport Team Member
Transport Team Member
To join and support the TVSSCS UK transport team based at TVS supply chain solutions head office Chorley. Providing hands on administration capacity in booking and managing transport requirements through 3rd party suppliers of service such as TNT, XPO, RICO and couriers. Experience in booking and managing Export requirements and ensuring export customs documentation is completed is an advantage. Providing experience in invoice reconciliation, service reporting and day to day management of freight through networks of preferred suppliers of service.
- To support and be part of the team
- To Display a ‘can do’ attitude and motivation to ensure the customers service and requirements are delivered.
- To work with our transport partners and key contacts to drive service delivery
- To ensure that clear communication is maintained between CS functions both internally and externally
- To assist in the achievement of SLA’s for our clients and exceed customer expectations
- Preparing export documentation i.e. Certificate of Origins
- Knowledge of Incoterms 2020
- Liaising with internal departments. & external freight forwarder agents
- General export admin tasks
- ADR / DGN experience
- Knowledge of ocean and road freight imports and exports
- Knowledge of customs processes
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience of transport administration
- Export Transport administration knowledge and experience
- Be familiar with legal requirements
- Good communication skills
- Motivated, self-driven, with determination to succeed
- Work well as an individual or part of a team
- Provide evidence of previous experience of working within transport, administration and booking of transport requirements through service providers portals
- Working with Excel and data to provide reports and statistics
- Export experience and training
- Good Numeracy and literacy skills and experience
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.