To support, lead and manage the TVSSCS UK transport team based at TVS supply chain solutions head office Chorley. Providing hands on administration capacity whilst also being responsible for team function, quality of service and 3rd party supplier management through monthly review meetings and utilisation of joint service improvement continuous improvement project trackers. Manage and be responsible for the TVS Operator licence compliance and provision. DGSA qualifications preferred but certainly knowledgeable and able to lead TVS compliance to the shipment of dangerous for transport materials.
- To manage and plan the day to day operational activity of team members
- To work with our transport partners and account managers to drive continuous improvement and improved service through joint CI activity and regular review meetings
- To ensure that clear communication protocols are in place that deliver employee involvement, issue capture and resolutions
- To assist in the achievement of SLA’s for our clients and exceed customer expectations
- To monitor emerging good practice trends and initiatives in the industry and adopt where appropriate.
- To review process and procedures to ensure continuous improvement in the provision
- Ensure that a comprehensive multi skill matrix is maintained and delivers a high degree of cross training and effectiveness of team members across all areas of the managed transport provisions
- Provide hands on administration capacity ensuring all customer needs are met in full daily.
- Manage and maintain O licence compliance of TVS owned and managed fleet of Class 1, Class 2, HI AB fleet. Maintaining all relevant documentation, service schedules and compliance to the highest levels
- Lead and be the main authority in dealing with compliance and employee training in transport of dangerous for transport goods
- Monitoring compliance with the requirements governing the carriage of dangerous goods
- Advising the undertaking on the carriage of dangerous goods
- Preparing an annual report to the management of the undertaking, on the undertaking’s activities in the carriage of dangerous goods. Monitor organisational compliance to company policies and procedures for the safe management of dangerous goods, be involved with the development and updating of company policies and procedures, as the regulations and practices change over time.
- Training of relevant staff
- Incident response and investigation
- General H&S
- licence compliance to current legislation.
- Ensure & oversee that an effective vehicle defect reporting system is in place.
- Vehicle maintenance planning.
- Ensure all vehicles are operated in a roadworthy condition.
- Ensure & oversee that correct vehicle maintenance procedures (PMI’s and repairs) are in place.
- Monitor External Maintenance Contractors
- Ensure vehicles are presented for PMI’s on the correct dates.
- Ensure vehicles are booked in & presented for MOT’s on the correct dates.
- Monitor OCRS scores & encounter reports.
- Maintain & Audit maintenance records & ensure they are kept for 15 months.
- Ensure drivers conduct daily walk round checks efficiently.
- Manage PG9’s and roadside penalties.
- Responsible for effectively managing drivers.
- Ensure Drivers are scheduled in compliance with EEC & Domestic driving rules.
- Ensure driver’s cards & VU’s are downloaded at the required intervals.
- Maintain and keep driving records for a period of 12 months.
- Regularly check driver’s digital tachographs charts/printouts.
- Provide warnings of any driving infringements to drivers.
- Check driver’s vocational driving licences every 6 months.
- Ensure, Arrange & oversee the driver CPC training program.
- Driver training/toolbox talks
- Operator Licence variation applications.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience of transport team management within a fast paced dynamic logistics and supply chain business
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain management and warehouse procedures
- Be familiar with safety processes and legal requirements
- This role demands excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills (needs to be able to communicate effectively at all levels with colleagues, customers, clients, suppliers and staff).
- Judgement and decision making. Ability to work under pressure, be creative in approach and solve problems with speed, whilst working within policy guidelines
- Leadership: Strong people management / leadership skills are required in this role, specifically in the areas of providing direction and performance coaching
- National CPC in Road Haulage, with recent refresher training
- Dangerous goods safety advisor with a DGSA qualification and experience
- Demonstrable track record of success in leading teams that have delivered outstanding customer service
- Experience of using problem solving techniques and associated methodologies
- Proven experience of managing transport teams in a complex, fast moving environment.
- Past experience of delivering positive change in culture and attitude to achieve enhanced customer experience
- Proven History of managing company O license