To process and maintain purchase ledger records and provide financial administrative support, ensuring timely, quality financial information is provided and maintained in accordance with TVS SCS financial processes.
- Matching and posting of high-volume purchase invoices onto the ERP system in a timely manner to minimise delays with payments.
- Proactive in resolving invoice queries, liaising with Purchasing on price discrepancies and Operations on receipt and shortage queries.
- Completion of supplier statement reconciliations.
- Processing credit notes.
- Request proof of deliveries when necessary.
- Managing and tracking the resolution of disputed debit notes and maintenance of the debit note database.
- Develop relationships with external suppliers and being the first point of contact for all supplier queries.
- Cover cashier function and support the Transactional Processing Manager with ad-hoc tasks as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within a busy finance department in a similar role.
- Confident communicator and strong people skills.
- Able to prioritise workload and work well under pressure, whilst always ensuring accuracy.
- AAT Level 2 qualified or above (desirable).
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.