Trainee Data Specialist
Trainee Data Specialist
TVS are operating as part of Team Leidos, a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major transformation contract providing an end-to-end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
We are now recruiting for a Trainee Master Data Specialist working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
Please note we work on a hybrid model of four days working from home and one day in our offices in Emersons Green, Bristol each week. Therefore, you must be located within reasonable commuting distance to Bristol.
The role will be a key person within the Master Data Management team, who are responsible for the introduction and through life maintenance of the Product Catalogue.
The Trainee Master Data Specialists’ duties will include:
- Ensuring high standards of quality surrounding the loading of Master Data.
- Management of queries and exceptions related to the Product Catalogue.
- Identify process improvement and/or efficiencies in data handling.
- Interrogate data to identify areas of improvement and underlying trends
- Undertake preparation of bulk upload data files using Excel and CSV format.
- Undertake data analysis in Excel using vlookup, index/match, pivot tables etc
- Undertake report analysis, understanding and interpretation to drive action plans
Qualifications and Skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- A desire to learn and develop their skillset within the organisation
- An interest in Data Management and statistical analysis, with the ability to interrogate problems and bring them to resolution
- High computer literacy skills essential, particularly Microsoft Excel, SharePoint with experience in Technical Databases.
- Process improvement capability,
- Ability to use a common-sense approach to catalogue data structures and to work with large volumes of data.
- Ability to manage documentation in support of the Product Catalogue
- The role is ideal for anyone who would like to develop a career in data management
- Desired but not essential knowledge about Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Ecommerce platforms, Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) would be an advantage
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.