Technical Through Life Support (TTLS)
Technical Through Life Support (TTLS)
TVS are a leading, global supply chain services provider implementing innovative supply chain solutions across a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. We are specialists in receiving, processing and managing the flow of raw materials, individual components and spare parts for a range of organisations within the automotive, beverage, industrial and defence markets.
Operating from six bespoke centres across the UK plus a number of strategic facilities across Europe and the rest of the world as part of the $6bn TVS Group we are determined to be different; our specialist services set us apart as a market-leading 4PL provider.
Our tailor made options include: inventory management; funding and control; supplier management; warehousing; packaging; inbound and outbound transport and logistics; same day delivery; kitting; sequencing; IT software for planning and costing and creation of technical product literature.
Our clients all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their strategic business goals.
We are currently working to deliver a major contract for the Defence, Equipment & Support organisation as part of the UK Ministry of Defence based at Abbey Wood in Bristol. We are specifically supporting the Integrated Logistics (iLog) function which is responsible for the management and delivery of in-service support to procurement activities across Land, Sea and Air environments.
We are currently recruiting for an Integrated Logistics Technical Through Life Support (TTLS) Manager to be deployed onto site at Abbey Wood.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The role requires contributions to providing advice on; the delivery of strategic planning and support arrangements relating to engineering or on the technical elements of equipment support and logistics services. This includes planning, delivery and operation of in-service support, equipment modifications, understanding of repair procedures and resolution of design and/or maintenance issues. It covers roles such as Integrated Logistics Support Manager (ILSM) and Equipment Support Manager (ESM).
It implicitly covers the application and management of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) principles to Defence equipment at all stages of the Concept, Assessment, Demonstration, Manufacture, In Service and Disposal (CADMID) cycle.
Typical duties will include:
- Managing change across the Through Life Support (TLS) process
- Understanding the impact of any changes to the platform/equipment on the TLS documentation and tailoring the process appropriately
- Ensuring that appropriate controls are in place and that any change or acquisition are compliant with the governance and that TLS documentation reflects these changes
- Responsibility for supporting the design of the solution to meet Front Line Commands (FLC) new capability requirements. Once the platform/equipment is in service they work with Industry, Engineering and other key stakeholders in:
- Supporting the FLC maintenance and new capability requirements.
- Responding to requests for current, relevant and accurate design data.
- Providing the relevant documentation and analysis to be fed in to the Support Solution Strategy, Plans and Schedules.
- Developing different design options for support solutions.
- Ensuring that the support maintenance is carried out as planned and monitor for any variance.
- Understanding the agreed platform/equipment performance metrics.
- Performing platform data analytics and trend analysis and ensuring the availability of current, relevant and accurate data.
- Consistent reporting on operational performance of each platform/equipment against the performance metrics.
- Supporting with the operational performance reports for the platform/equipment.
- Providing support to Project Teams and Front Line Commands for all analysis and modelling activities including inventory and supply chain.
- Responsibility for creating and maintaining an analysis/modelling capability to meet the needs of Project Teams pan-defence.
- Line Management responsibility for a number of staff
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be education to degree level, or equivalent with demonstrable experience of Technical Through Life Support, including relevant TTLS systems and tools which support the delivery of advice to the rest of the business on the subject matter area.
- A detailed understanding of the integrated relationship between Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Through Life Support Management (TLSM) is essential.
- Previous experience directly within the MOD from an iLog perspective or with companies that have provided direct supply chain support to the MOD would be beneficial