To provide technical support for the TVS SCS Customer, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Warehouse Teams, ensuring delivery of compliant product, technical approval and obsolescence management for TVS SCS Defence contracts.
- Management of Initial sample inspection reports- ensuring product compliance is confirmed by supplier with supporting evidence.
- Inbound product quality checks- ensuring non – compliant product is captured and root cause and corrective actions implemented.
- Obsolescence Management- Working closely with the supply base, purchasing team and customer – monitoring and measuring obsolescence in the supply chain with tracked evidence of reactive and proactive risk mitigation.
- Ensuring technical compliance to policies and legislation- Internal and contract specific regulations- identifying any risk areas of non-compliance and implementing corrective actions where required.
- Identification and verification of alternative parts without compromising quality standards- delivered through product approval sign off process.
- Product identification through use of technical publications and drawings.
- Liaise with MoD to allocate Nato Stock Numbers (NSNs) to newly identified parts and add User Interest to parts already codified
- Customer and supplier relationship building, ensuring technical compliance – onsite and off-site visits
- Management of customer Non- conformances – working to a verified process, with root cause and corrective actions identified and implemented.
- Attend customer meetings- providing technical input.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified to HNC or equivalent experience in an engineering / mechanical discipline.
- Ability to read engineering drawings is of benefit.
- Effective communicator.
- Resilient and clear thinking under pressure.
- Literate and numerate.
- Team player.
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within an engineering/automotive/defence environment.
- Computer Literate, experienced in using databases / spreadsheets.
- Previous experience of Defence standards and conditions desirable
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
TVS are currently operating on a fully remote working basis, there will however, be a period of time at the start of your employment spent in our office familiarising yourself with our systems and process. The longer term plan is to introduce hybrid remote and office working.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility in the Banbury area.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.