Supply Quality Engineer
Supply Quality Engineer
To carry out the work required to ensure quality and compliance for TVS parts and suppliers. To work with the Procurement teams to develop suppliers and to identify supply chain improvement activities to improve quality, efficiency and on time delivery.
- Assist purchasing department with tendering and supplier on-boarding activity. Process new supplier on-boarding requests, save and organise associated documents and assign supplier ratings.
- Maintain, review, and develop the supplier log to ensure we retain copies of current management system certificates.
- Maintain the supplier monitor and audit list and review supplier scorecards and NCs to identify supplier candidates for audit or development.
- Deliver a programme of supplier visits and on-site audits to:
- Ensure compliance with ISO9001 and TVS requirements.
- Assess supplier capabilities.
- Comply with contract specific requirements.
- Foster good working relations and to identify opportunities for improvement and value enhancement (such visits are part of our ‘supplier relationship management’ activities and should include representatives from purchasing and supply chain).
- Collaborate with suppliers and colleagues to investigate all supplier and part-related non-conformance. Includes customer complaints, warranty claims, audit findings and other issues discovered by TVS. Ensure issues are contained, and root cause corrective actions are defined and implemented.
- Prepare concession requests and notify clients about non-conformance.
- Review, develop, and audit procurement process and procedures.
- To ensure work is carried out effectively and efficiently, incorporating the appropriate digital tools to ensure one version of records are kept, to minimise manual administration and to enable collaboration, communication, visibility, and accountability (through metrics and auditing).
- To ensure TVS Quality and other policies are effectively reflected and practically implemented.
- To ensure that contractual obligations are effectively reflected and practically implemented.
- Provide day to day technical and process support to Procurement teams and the wider business.
- Complete technical assessments for alternative and new to range parts, assess potential risks and recommend accept, reject or customer approval.
- Create TVS part records to enable a useful comparison with similar, alternative parts or parts purchased from alternative sources.
- Create ISIR, DFMEA and other quality planning documentation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject (preferred).
- Some experience working with suppliers on improvement initiatives.
- Some experience in auditing management system standards such as ISO 9001, 14001. External auditing qualification is an advantage.
- Strong computer skills, competent user of Microsoft 365 tools and applications.
- Experienced in auditing management system standards such as ISO 9001, 14001, Strong appreciation of Quality Management Systems.
- Working knowledge and implementation of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Ability to represent TVS with customers at a senior technical / quality level.
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others.
- Excellent leadership and man-management skills with the ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members, as well as work as part of a team.
- Evidence of strong stakeholder management.
- Ability to present information in a clear, concise manner up to senior leadership team level.
- Professional and ethical in approach.
- Excellent communicator at all levels across all media.
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel.
- CQI practitioner or member is an advantage.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.