Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
TVS are working as part of Team Leidos, which is a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major contract providing an end-to-end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
This role is in the Supply Chain Team and will work across all Product areas to deliver commodities to the military customer. The job holder will be focussed on the targeted management of our open order books to ensure key deliveries are made on time or to promise date, ensuring First Strike Availability (FSA) is maximised and Stock-Outs/Backorders are kept to a minimum.
We are looking for an experienced Supply Chain professional, who has worked with complex and critical supply chains.
The role offers the post holder good levels of autonomy as part of a small friendly team and the opportunity to be a driver for change with visible results. This is a rewarding role, supplying items to a world changing customer base.
Please note we work on a hybrid model of three days working from home and two days in our offices in Emersons Green, Bristol each week. Therefore, you must be located within reasonable commuting distance to Bristol. There will also be the need for occasional travel to Bicester and adhoc supplier visits.
The purpose of the role maximise the impact of open orderbook management on FSA and the reduction of Backorders, providing guidance and support to our team of Supply Chain Coordinators (SCCs) in their day-to-day, transactional management of the supply chain.
Duties will include:
- Analysing management data to identify those products and suppliers that have/will have the biggest impact on both FSA and Backorder reduction.
- Working with SCCs, Inventory Planners and suppliers to identify optimal ordering and delivery patterns for items that drive FSA.
- Provide proactive early warnings on potential supply issues and actions for remediation.
- Ensure Supplier compliance to the ASN process, expediting those suppliers who have not provided the information for commodity deliveries to avoid non-complying deliveries into the fulfilment centre.
- Providing input to Category Managers to support Category and Sourcing strategies for identified items.
- Direct support to and intervention with those SCCs with the top-impacting open orderbooks, including supporting/running open orderbook meetings with suppliers to ensure all available action to expedite required order lines is taken.
- Provision of data and direct support to Commercial in relation to Contract Review Meetings (CRMs) of those suppliers who are being managed. This includes working with Commercial to decide on potential commercial activity to be taken in instances of poor performance.
- Build relationships with suppliers and colleagues across Team Leidos in order to effectively manage the supply chain.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ideally 5 years’ experience in supply chain/logistics role.
- Ability to negotiate with the suppler to agree delivery to meet customer requirements
- Be proficient in data manipulation and analysis with a good knowledge of MS Office applications as well as some experience of warehouse/logistic systems
- Willingness to learn and explore IS challenges and actively contribute to improvements
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- Literate and numerate.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 additional days available)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.