Supply Chain Coordinator (FTC)
Supply Chain Coordinator (FTC)
TVS are working as part of Team Leidos, which is a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major contract providing an end-to-end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
This role is in the Medical Supply Chain Team, delivering a whole range of medical equipment (pharmaceuticals, electromed and consumables) to both Defence Primary Health Care customers and operational military units across the world. The job holder will be focussed on ordering and supplying medical products at pace, managing stock holdings in our high quality MHRA approved warehouse and ensuring our military patients are catered for and operational units are able to maintain effective capability.
We are looking for both experienced Supply Chain professionals, who have worked in or are looking to work in the medical and/or military environments, as well as individuals looking to move into this profession who are interested in development roles covering the wider medical market and supply chain systems and processes. Passion and a willingness to learn are the key criteria.
The role offers excellent development and knowledge building potential, working across a wide scope of the medical market and with a high profile customer and modern logistics and procurement systems. In addition, it allows the post holder good levels of autonomy as part of a small friendly team and the opportunity to be a driver for change with visible results. This is a rewarding role, supplying lifesaving items to a world changing customer base.
- Ensuring stock levels of medical items are maintained in line with the output of TVS’s Demand Forecast Planning software system (Mysys.DFP).
- Manage a range of items in TVS’s Enterprise Resource Planning software (Msys.ERP), utilising worklists of exceptions and monitoring the automation to ensure orders are flowing effectively.
- Source medical items, ether from our existing supplier base or new suppliers, which meets the customer’s needs.
- Manage unit demands, in line with their operational priorities and clinical importance.
- Deal with unit queries around product availability and supply chain challenges, especially where there are manufacturing issues or global supply chain challenges which threaten UK MoD’s ability to operate.
- Receive supplier responses/quotes and log into Msys.ERP, placing and managing orders to ensure they are received by the warehouse and end users quickly and efficiently and in line with MHRA recommendations.
- Liaise with other colleagues in the wider business
- Acquisition and Contract Management to manage rejected purchase requisitions.
- Commodity Team on obsolescence, supersession, specification change and technical advice.
- Provides feedback to Inventory Management from the supply chain for stock optimisation.
- Form part of the project team for any new inbound requirements and reletting of existing contracts in innovative solution focussed ways.
- Provide proactive early warnings on potential supply issues and actions for remediation.
- Ensure Supplier compliance to the ASN process, expediting those suppliers who have not provided the information for commodity deliveries to avoid non-complying deliveries into the fulfilment centre.
- Maintain promise dates from suppliers and expedite purchase orders based on the planning messages within Msys.ERP, output from MRP.
- Build relationships with suppliers and colleagues across Team Leidos in order to effectively manage the supply chain.
- Authorise and manage the disposal of any items which require it, including hazardous items and pharmaceuticals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience in supply chain/logistics role an advantage, as is some awareness of the military.
- Some knowledge of medical products would be helpful, or a keen willingness to learn about these items and the medical market as full training will be provided.
- Be proficient in data manipulation and analysis with a good knowledge of MS Office applications as well as some experience of warehouse/logistic systems
- Willingness to learn and explore IS challenges and actively contribute to improvements
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- Literate and numerate.
- Ability to negotiate with the suppler to agree delivery to meet customer requirements.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Please note we work on a hybrid model of four days working from home and one day in our offices in Emersons Green, Bristol each week. Therefore, you must be located within reasonable commuting distance to Bristol.
TVS supply chain solutions are a global provider of outsourced supply chain management solutions, delivering real change to our customers across a wide range of sectors including the MOD, Utilities organisations, beverage companies, automotive and the rail industry. TVS internationally have an annual turnover in excess of $8billion and employ over 39,000 employees across the globe. The company has a strong growth strategy and ethos for continuous improvement, to enable the continued delivery of world class service to its customers, which remains cost effective and Industry leading.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.