Supply Chain Coordinator FTC
Supply Chain Coordinator FTC
TVS are working as part of Team Leidos, which is a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major contract providing an end-to-end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
Please note we work on a hybrid model of three WFH and two days in our offices in Emersons Green, Bristol each week. Therefore, you must be located within reasonable commuting distance to Bristol.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the role is to deliver a Cost Base Reduction (CBR) committed to the Authority through the development of a cost-effective, commercially driven supply base, and meets the requirements for Governance and availability.
· Monitors demands generated as an output of TVS’s Demand Forecast Planning software system (Mysys.DFP).
· Action TVS’s Enterprise Resource Planning software (Msys.ERP)worklists of Requisition Exceptions for Commodity Articles without the relevant commercial information and source the items, checking that current contracts cannot be used in the first instance.
· Receive supplier responses/quotes and log into Msys.ERP.
· Approaches the market to source competitive pricing for spot orders not requiring a contract.
· Complete Single Source Justification (SSJ) documentation where required.
· Raise manual purchase requisitions outside of MRP where required.
· Action Msys.ERP worklists for items in dues out.
· Liaise with Acquisition and Contract Management to manage rejected purchase requisitions.
· Liaise with the Commodity Team on obsolescence, supersession and specification change.
· Provide proactive early warnings on potential supply issues and actions for remediation.
· Fulfils and manages open POs to the required schedule, using the exception messages contained within Msys.ERP to determine the prioritised worklist.
· Ensure Supplier compliance to the ASN process, expediting those suppliers who have not provided the information for commodity deliveries to avoid non-complying deliveries into the fulfilment centre.
· Challenge ASNs that do not meet the business rules, to avoid early deliveries and excess inventory.
· Maintain promise dates from suppliers and expedite purchase orders based on the planning messages within Msys.ERP, output from MRP.
· Place additional purchase requisition to meet a short fall in the quantity already on order.
· Build relationships with suppliers and colleagues across Team Leidos in order to effectively manage the supply chain.
· Provides feedback to Inventory Management from the supply chain for Market optimisation.
Qualifications and Skills
Previous experience in supply chain/logistics role an advantage.
Effective communicator at all levels.
Literate and numerate.
Ability to negotiate with the suppler to agree delivery to meet customer requirements.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.