Supply Chain Apprentice
Supply Chain Apprentice
TVS Supply Chain Solutions is a global provider of outsources supply chain management solutions, delivering real change to our customers across a wide range of sectors from MOD, Utilities, Beverage, Industrial and Automotive. TVS have an annual turnover current of $8 billion and employ over 39,000 employees across the globe. The company has a strong growth strategy and ethos for continuous improvement to enable the continued delivery of world class service to its customers which remains cost effective and Industry leading.
To support the continued growth of the business and provide technical support for the TVS SCS Customer, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Warehouse Teams, we are currently looking to recruit a Supply Chain apprentice to join our team. The above is to be attained through independent and study led learning whilst completing an approved Level 3 Procurement & Supply Assistant Apprenticeship qualification.
The apprentice will work alongside the Beverage Supply Chain team and will be exposed to the following over the course of their apprenticeship:
- Ensuring purchase orders are placed on suppliers in a timely manner
- Resolving enquiries in relation to the supply of products
- Liaising with warehouse employees and third-party transport providers, ensuring any identified issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Expedite/De-expedite products from suppliers.
- Ensure responses are accurately loaded to internal ERP, inventory and demand planning software and ensure the appropriate stock levels and back-order fulfilment
- Work collaboratively with internal departments such as the reporting, planning, purchasing and technical teams
- Participate in supplier meetings to drive improvements in performance
- Compilation of ad hoc reports/ad hoc data input
- Make recommendations for process improvements based on knowledge/experience
Client Specific Tasks which may include:
- Customer delivery, returns and warranty management
- Loading system data
- Depot resupply orders
- Keying customer demands providing acknowledgement and highlighting discrepancies
- Periodic stock takes
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 GCSE’s including English and Maths at Grade 4 or above (or equivalent).
- Basic understanding of engineering drawings is of benefit.
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Resilient and clear thinking under pressure.
- Literate and numerate.
- Team player.
- Computer Literate, experience in using Excel.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.