Solution Design Manager
Solution Design Manager
The Solution Design Manager will lead a team of Solution Design Architects who will work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), the Business Solutions and Implementation team, as well as the Commercial, Bid and Business Development leads; to drive the Solution Design process for new business opportunities.
The Solution Design Manager will govern, assure, and oversee the portfolio of solutions and proposals across the department, instilling a standardised approach and repeatable processes, in line with the strategic objectives for Solution Design across the business; whilst ensuring the defined solutions meet the Client’s requirements and are operationally, technically, and commercially viable.
- Lead the development, implementation and sharing of best practice for business process design management
- Work closely with the relevant teams to refine the detailed requirements capture process
- Continuously review and refresh the documentation for capturing, categorising and communicating the requirements
- Oversee all Solution Design proposals, working closely with the Commercial points of contact for the submissions to ensure the contract and costings reflect the final solution
- Lead the team of Solution Design Architects to ensure a consistent approach to Solution Design for all new business opportunities
- Build understanding and facilitate dialogue around all positive and negative design implications of proposed or future solutions across the new business portfolio – identifying synergies and innovations to support the business’ strategic vision
- Work collaboratively with the Business Solutions and Implementation team on Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives for the department.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience in Logistics and Supply Chain
- Prior experience in Managing a team
- Prior experience in a Solution Design function or similar
- Experience of facilitating customer facing workshops
- Clear and confident communicator and strong language skills with the ability to explain scenarios in a way that is easily understood by users of all levels
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines and commitments in a high-pressure environment – working closely with the Business Development team and wider-business SMEs
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.