Solution Design Architect
Solution Design Architect
The Solution Design Architect will work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), the Business Solutions and Implementation team, as well as the Commercial, Bid and Business Development leads; to lead the solution design process for new business opportunities. The Solution Design Architect will ensure the defined solution meets the Client’s requirements and is operationally, technically and commercially viable.
- Work closely with the Business Development team to define the detailed requirements from potential clients
- Draft the relevant documentation for capturing, categorising and communicating the requirements
- Engage with business-wide subject matter experts (SMEs) regarding the Client’s requirements to develop the most viable solution
- Conduct gap analyses on the current state and future state solutions to define the Liaise with the Data Analysis team to ensure the requested Client data is collated, analysed and modelled as applicable – with validation and sign off of the outputs across the relevant SMEs
- Work closely with the Commercial points of contact for the submissions to ensure the contract and costings reflect the final solution
- Lead the internal sign off for the solution design output which is to then be submitted and/or presented to the Client
- Support the Bid Manager with drafting solution design material for submission
- Draft internal solution design briefing summaries for communicating to the wider business
- Work collaboratively with the Business Solutions and Implementation team on Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives for the department.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience in either a supply chain or logistics
- Clear and confident communicator and strong language skills with the ability to explain scenarios in a way that is easily understood by users of all levels
- Ability to establish priorities to meet deadlines and commitments in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to instil Client confidence in design through your professionalism and attention to detail
- Confident in taking ownership and providing oversight to the entire design process
- Proactively managing all aspects of design delivery, including quality, resources, risk management and reporting on design progress.
- Well-organised with attention to detail
- Adept at quickly and easily establishing a rapport and building relationships with others.
- You pay attention to the wider context and bigger picture to inform your decisions.
- Ability to make decisions, monitor project progress, recommend alternative approaches and identifying & resolving conflict.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook.
- Visio or Draw.io proficiency as a plus.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to travel
- Ability to understand and interpret different perspectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Desirable – Awareness of project management best practices and holding APM certification
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.