Software Tester (Entry Level)
Software Tester (Entry Level)
- The Software tester primary role is to ensure our software operates as intended and provide information to aid the release process
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and overall quality assurance for software services and products.
- Aid in any other way to meet the objectives of the team and the department
With support and training from Testing Manager:
- Design and prepare test scenarios and plans to effectively and efficiently test the software change
- Conduct software testing to ensure software is fit for purpose, and provide information of risks and issues to aid release decision making
- Ensure errors and security issues are identified, recorded, prioritised and corrected before release.
- Uses agreed department tools to record activities
- Communicates activities via test manager using agreed status recording procedures
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have studied in an IT related subject, post-secondary education or will have comparable on-the-job experience as a Software Quality Engineer or Analyst. Other attributes include:
- Demonstrates understanding of the importance of clear and accurate documentation of software tests
- Demonstrates an interest in software development and the importance of the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of security by design and how to test for software errors.
- Logical and creative thinker
- Some appreciation of, or practical application of, programming – especially Java (TVS use Java in our test automation framework)
- Some experience of software testing within the SDLC
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
TVS are currently operating on a fully remote working basis, there will however, be a period of time at the start of your employment spent in our office familiarising yourself with our systems and process. The longer term plan is to introduce hybrid remote and office working.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.