As a Senior Software Developer you will join a highly experienced team of dedicated professionals producing complex world-class software to a global customer base from the main software development hub based in Chorley. The candidate will have the skills and experience to deliver large-scale software solutions with challenging complexity.
TVS’s main developments are in .Net/C# & .Net Core and solid commercial experience in Microsoft .Net is essential. Future developments will all be in .Net Core and experience or an enthusiasm for related technologies is desirable.
TVS have a growing international client list and are of a size that allows Software developers the opportunity to specialise in their chosen technology, to cross train in a variety of technologies or to eventually move into business analysis, project management or other roles. At TVS sticking close to technology and working hands-on is certainly no barrier to growth and advancement within an organisation with IT at its core.
- Undertake technical design for functional specifications from Business Analysts.
- Software coding and unit testing in line with technical design and functional specification.
- Development of Unit Test Specifications and co-ordination of test activity based on the output of the Business Requirements. Will also undertake system testing as required.
- Provide operational and technical support documentation
- Deliver software development in line with agreed time scales, ensuring any changes to approved timing are formally agreed with Manager/Project Leader.
- Communicate software development to Business colleagues when taking lead role (e.g. Work Requests).
- Undertake the enhancement and maintenance of IT Systems such that they meet the required standards of performance, reliability and resilience.
- Provide assistance to the support team in fault finding and problem resolution with existing IT Systems.
- To provide detailed technical assistance and direction in the evaluation of new IT Systems.
- Contribute to IT projects as part of a team or as a team leader.
- Able to work on more than one project/development simultaneously.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven background in software development.
- Commercial experience of either .Net/C# or .Net Core and related web technologies
- Ability to work with a geographically spread team
- Ability to quickly learn existing systems and be able to make a meaningful contribution
- Experience of testing tools, TFS, Visual Studio
- Self-starter, able to work on activities with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Effective communicator.
- Team player with a team working mindset able to influence developments
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.