As a Software Developer you will join a highly experienced team of dedicated professionals producing complex world-class software to a global customer base from the main Software Development hub based in Chorley. TVS’s main developments are in .Net/C# & .Net Core & Python but we are also investing in related technologies such as AI, Docker & Microservices.
TVS have a growing international client list and are of a size that allows Software developers the opportunity to specialise in their chosen technology, to cross train in a variety of technologies or to eventually move into business analysis, project management or other roles. At TVS sticking close to technology and working hands-on is certainly no barrier to growth and advancement within an organisation with IT at its core.
- Undertake technical design for functional specifications from Business Analysts.
- Software coding and unit testing in line with technical design and functional specification.
- Development of Unit Test Specifications and co-ordination of test activity based on the output of the Business Requirements. Will also undertake system testing as required.
- Provide operational and technical support documentation
- Deliver software development in line with agreed time scales, ensuring any changes to approved timing are formally agreed with Manager/Project Leader.
- Communicate software development to Business colleagues when taking lead role (eg Work Requests).
- Undertake the enhancement and maintenance of IT Systems such that they meet the required standards of performance, reliability and resilience.
- Provide assistance to the support team in fault finding and problem resolution with existing IT Systems.
- To provide detailed technical assistance and direction in the evaluation of new IT Systems.
- Contribute to IT projects as part of a team or as a team leader.
- Able to work on more than one project/development simultaneously.
Qualifications and Skills
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
TVS are currently operating on a fully remote working basis, there will however, be a period of time at the start of your employment spent in our office familiarising yourself with our systems and process. The longer term plan is to introduce hybrid remote and office working.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.