Social Value Coordinator
Social Value Coordinator
The role will work across sectors, and therefore requires a motivated individual who can develop strong relationships with involved stakeholders and work closely with our customers, communities and sector peers to drive and measure social value.
The Social Value Coordinator will apply the principles of the Social Value act to shape and deliver the objectives: Typical duties of the role are:
- Define and drive compliance with social value principles. Develop initiatives beyond what is merely required from a legal compliance point of view; we want to ‘live and breathe’ our commitments.
- Perform gap analysis on the ‘as is’ compared to the future state and define what that future state is.
- Work closely with bid teams supporting new business activities with social value case studies.
- Drive continuous improvement as it relates to social value projects.
- Collaborate with local employers to develop shared templates and processes to capture qualitative and quantitative measures of value delivered.
- Engage and enthuse colleagues, stakeholders and the wider community about the importance of social value activities and embed a mindset of delivering to these targets as part of our business as usual activity.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders across HR, procurement, H&S, bid management, defence, account management, marketing and business development, using persuading and influencing skills to promote the importance of social value and how it can benefit their departments and the business as a whole.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with our clients and customers and professional membership organisations to enhance our reputation as a socially responsible organisation.
- Initiate and lead ESG and Social Value activities, working with internal stakeholders, external clients, partners and stakeholders. Measure the impact and performance of the social value initiatives that you champion.
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject relating to corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012, PPN 06/20, and best practice social value delivery
- Previous experience of contributing to bids from a CSR point of view
- Previous experience of producing social value policies and plans and developing and delivering to an overarching strategy
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners from the public and third sector.
- A confident and engaging communicator with persuading and influencing skills to gain ‘buy in’ from internal stakeholders and external clients or customers
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, presenting, and writing
- A proactive and positive attitude towards continuous improvement and driving change
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.