Service Desk Team Leader
Service Desk Team Leader
We are looking for a Service Desk Team Leader to join our team and continue our commitment to providing excellent IT support across TVS Supply Chain Solutions. The Service Desk Team Leader will be responsible for the daily service desk operations for our onsite IT support team in Leicester to deliver ‘best in class’ IT support to the onsite user base. The Service Desk Team Leader will support the IT Service Delivery Manager to ensure the team are developed, on site IT services are delivered to a high standard and service KPI’s are always met, ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded and manage key stakeholders with regards to any IT Incidents.
You will be working as part of the IT service management team leading the local IT support team providing support onsite, via telephone, email and our service desk platform. The Service Desk Team Leader is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and performance of the onsite IT service desk and ensuring SLA’s and hit and being an escalation point for any escalated or critical issues.
- Ensure customer expectations are consistently met and exceeded.
- Day to day management of the onsite service desk ticket queues ensuring tickets are dealt with in line with priority and SLA.
- Creating and communicating IT service reporting for onsite support weekly and monthly
- Shift and holiday management for onsite IT service desk staff
- Continuously measure, monitor and work to drive down IT Incident Levels
- Own onsite IT continuous improvement and proactive work plan
- Plan, manage and communicate any onsite IT projects
- Work with the IT Release & Change Lead to manage and IT service transition activities.
- Be hands on and support the IT service desk staff with IT Incident resolution and request fulfilment.
- Attend and present when required in IT service review meetings.
- Ensure processes are working and standardised across the service desk team working with the wider IT service management team.
- Manage and collaborate with third party suppliers where appropriate and ensure that their performance and provision of services is in line with our expectations and enables us to meet our Service Levels
- Ensure the IT service desk is utilising appropriate knowledge management tools and practices in order to provide a more effective and efficient service to customers.
- Provide 24/7 support on an on call rota basis.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills must be a strong communicator at all levels.
- Team Leadership experience
- Ability to understand the business impact of IT Service Incidents, lead the triage process, prioritise in line with SLA’s and manage through to resolution keeping stakeholders informed accordingly.
- ITIL experience desirable.
- Demonstrates a clear knowledge of Service Delivery Management standards & practices. Applies these standards & practices.
- Planning and organisational skills
- Modelling to support operational performance management and information decision making.
- Knowledge of IT Systems, processes and concepts
- Experience working in a Service Management environment.
The successful candidate will need a clear DBS check and will undergo a financial check.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.