Service Desk Manager
Service Desk Manager
Responsible for managing daily operations of the IT Service Desk team to deliver ‘best in class’ IT Service Management to the TVS SCS User Community.
Through continuous improvement, ensure the team are developed and service enhanced to support the company’s business development plans.
Ensure that customer expectations are consistently met and exceeded.
Manage key stakeholders with regards to all IT Incidents
A key member of the IT Leadership team.
To manage the operational performance of IT Services and ensure that service levels are achieved in line with SLA’s.
- To ensure that customer expectations are consistently met and exceeded. Ultimate responsibility and ownership of all customer incidents or service requests logged
- Responsible for tracking and progress chasing of incidents to conclusion and in line with SLA’s
- Management of critical customer incidents, associated customer communication, activities and any appropriate escalations
- To continually measure, monitor and work to drive down incident levels
- Provide statistics of performance against SLA for both incidents and change requests
- Provide out of hours 1st line operational systems support
- Provide CAB gateway for all system change, both software and infrastructure. Ensure effective handover from Business Technology to IT Service Desk
Manage 3rd party IT service partners
- Manage and collaborate with third party suppliers where appropriate and ensure that their performance and provision of services and quality is in line with our expectations and enables us to meet or exceed service levels
- Responsible for ensuring that working practices and processes are robust, standardised, repeatable and support the Service Desk team day to day activities.
- Manage the Incident Management Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process.
- Ensure that the IT Service Desk is utilising appropriate knowledge management tools and practices in order to provide a more effective and efficient service to customers.
- Lead and manage the Service Desk team optimising Team performance towards service delivery at, or greater than, SLA
- Ensure continued development of the team and individuals (motivation, job satisfaction and progression).
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills, strong communicator at all levels including Board members
- Team Leadership
- Ability to understand the business impact of IT Service Incidents, lead the Triage process, prioritise in line with SLA’s and manage through to resolution keeping stakeholders informed accordingly.
- Maintain awareness and general understanding of relevant current and future technologies
- Previous IT Service Desk/Management Support
- ITIL experience desirable
- Demonstrable experience of managing a Service Desk
- Excellent communication skills
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
TVS are currently operating on a fully remote working basis, there will however, be a period of time at the start of your employment spent in our office familiarising yourself with our systems and process.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.