Senior Supply Chain Manager
Senior Supply Chain Manager
To ensure Supply Chain requirements are fulfilled for a range of Clients. Identify opportunities to improve performance to the client, creating working capital efficiency and increasing profitability whilst delivering best value and lower risk to TVS.
Identification and delivery of supply chain strategy and continuous improvement projects
- Provide leadership to the Supply Chain teams, maximising performance and nurturing team development
- Lead the team to ensure best practise methods are understood and consistently applied
- Lead / support strategic initiatives to ensure timely delivery
- Develop direct reports.
- Conduct regular employee communications as part of the project communication schedule to ensure all colleagues are informed of business performance.
- Conduct appraisals (annually) and 1-2-1s (monthly) with staff on a periodic basis.
Deliver Business Objectives
- Responsible for all aspects of service delivery including availability, backorders, stock levels etc. across TVS SCS Clients ensuring Client KPIs are met in these areas whilst mitigating commercial impact to TVS.
- Measurement, visibility and communication of performance to team, colleagues and management, against agreed targets
- In Conjunction with Purchasing:-
- Measure and monitor supplier conformance to Client requirements
- Meet with key suppliers regularly to build relationships and encourage continuous improvement
- Ensure supplier issues affecting service delivery and process are dealt with efficiently
- Lead meetings at peer group level with the Client
- Represent supply chain in new business requirements including bidding, solution design, client briefings and implementation.
Process & Performance Improvement
- Understand Client requirements and Business Operation in order to determine opportunities for improvement and existing non compliance.
- Lead the delivery of the supply chain elements of improvement activity and strategy development including mapping of current and future state activities, tracking benefit delivery. Ensure optimum outcome for the business working with other stakeholders to determine the impact on other areas of the business.
- Drive continuous process improvement to ensure efficiency and consistency are maximised, reducing costs/risks to TVS, motivating all staff to deliver improvement and manage a change process.
- Drive a right first time approach that leads with strategic excellence to deliver operational efficiency.
- Improve the commercial delivery of the Procurement department with bottom line benefits to TVS
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to degree level or similar ideally in a Procurement related subject
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Strategic and team leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills both written and oral.
- Experienced in best practise Supply Chain, Procurement and Continuous Improvement tools and techniques
- Full Driving License and willingness to travel
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail
- Self driven and motivated to achieve completion of projects in a timely manner
- Challenges the status quo and champions change in an assertive, supportive, positive and empathic manner. Be able to challenge and influence key stakeholders
- Excellent team building and a proactive networking style
- Extensive experience in a leadership Procurement or Supply Chain role
- Good working knowledge of IT System and Software Packages including ERP, Word and Excel.
- Track record of building relationships with senior personnel and of understanding and influencing Client / business strategy
- Leadership / Developing Self and Others
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal and Influencing / Communication
- Analytical Abilities / Commercial Awareness
- Decision Making / Exercising Judgement
- Building Expertise / Quest for Knowledge
- Planning and Organisation
- Adaptability / Change Orientation Pioneering
- Self-Management (Integrity, resilience, Flexibility)
- Pace and Ambition
- Professional and Ethical in approach