Senior Pharmacy Technician
Senior Pharmacy Technician
TVS are operating as part of Team Leidos, a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major transformation contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
We are now recruiting for a Chief Pharmacy Technician working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works. This role is currently working remotely from home.
The successful candidate will manage a customer-facing, technical-focused team of Clinical and Pharmacy Technicians who provide support to the UK Ministry of Defence. Working with Category Management, Supply Chain and Commercial colleagues, the role involves the definition and management of the technical aspects of all consumable items used by the Defence Medical Services, including Pharmaceutical, Medical, Dental and Veterinary products. In addition, the role will provide the Responsible Person (RP) function for TVS in Bristol.
Currently we are working from home. When things get back to normal we will be operating a hybrid of WFH/in office. The working hours are Monday to Friday, no evening or weekend work will be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
- NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services.
- Eligible to be registered as a Responsible Person (RP) with the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) for Human & Veterinary WDA.
- Eligible to be named on a Home Office Controlled Drugs License.
- Detailed knowledge of current GDP Guidance/Legislation and some knowledge of current GMP requirements.
- Line Management experience.
- Must be able to obtain a UK Security Check clearance.
- General knowledge and experience of primary, community and secondary healthcare.
- In-depth knowledge of the legislation, regulations and guidance associated with the safe and effective procurement, distribution and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Relevant experience of working & influencing at senior strategic level.
- Experience of dealing with highly complex and specialised Pharmacy related issues requiring analysis of information from a variety of sources.
- Experience of conducting GDP Audits
- Experience of Implementing and assuring Quality Management Systems
- Organisational skills with ability to manage multiple strands of work.
- Experience of facilitating change.
- Experience of the Military Supply Chain
- IT literate in order to extract and present information from variety of sources.
- Able to travel to UK based locations
Location & details:
Normally based from offices in Emersons Green we operate flexible start and finish times, have onsite car parking and an earlier finish time on Friday afternoon ensuring a good work life balance. Currently we are operating on a work from home basis that is under constant review as the National guidelines and situation develops.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.