Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, optimising and improving the environment.
The Infrastructure Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximise the benefit of IT systems, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures. A can-do, proactive approach is essential to aid innovation and continuous improvement.
The position involves progressing various key infrastructure projects, delivering them on time and within budget. Managing the planned tasks and keeping stakeholders updated.
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability and security throughout the IT infrastructure.
- Physical and logical network design, monitoring, optimisation and security.
- Management of Virtual Servers, Operating systems and the desktop estate.
- Monitor, diagnose and resolve problems with key IT systems to ensure systems work efficiently.
- Manage crisis situations and work under pressure to resolve problems.
- Plan and undertake projects to improve and upgrade key IT systems.
- Produce relevant documentation and project plans.
- Ensuring continued compliance with ISO and Cyber Essentials +.
- Manage, configure and develop the LAN and WAN across Europe.
- Provide technical expertise for 1st and 2nd line IT support staff, sharing technical knowledge.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Provide operational and technical support documentation as appropriate.
- Independently analyse, solve and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues and document all changes.
- Provide out of hours support for critical production systems as needed.
- Ensure out of hours support is needed as infrequently as possible.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities outside of core hours – whilst working towards in-hours releases.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level / equivalent and possess expert knowledge in some of the technologies currently used. Specific experience is unimportant as tools many change, though the candidate should have a broad knowledge in the field.
Current TVS Technologies include:
- Microsoft O365, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012-2019, SQL Server, Exchange online.
- Active Directory, Microsoft Group Policy, Microsoft IIS
- VMware vSphere, Desktop Central, Arcserve Backup, Sophos, Nessus, PRTG
- IP Stack, Managed Switches and structured cabling
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
TVS are currently operating on a fully remote working basis, there will however, be a period of time at the start of your employment spent in our office familiarising yourself with our systems and process. The longer term plan is to introduce hybrid remote and office working
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.