Sales and Operations Planning Lead
Sales and Operations Planning Lead
- As part of the inventory planning team, this role will have the primary responsibility for establishing alignment between the sales and operations strategies to drive warehouse and network optimisation globally.
- The S&OP Lead in conjunction with the Client and the wider team will be responsible for monthly demand plans, consumption models, network, production and warehouse strategy optimisation, integration of new regions and routes, and new product launches.
- The role will use the organisation’s systems to forecast and plan stock and replenishment orders from historic demand data, to meet the client’s service level requirement on a regional basis.
- The role will support and implement the department’s inventory planning strategy and development.
- Responsible for S&OP for specific Clients and providing inputs to new business planning as required.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the organisation’s Demand Forecasting & Planning and Enterprise Resource Planning systems to support the creation of the required forecasts.
- Use the organisation’s Business Data Analytics system for internal and external reporting.
- Represent the department at internal and external client review meetings.
- Develop metrics for forecast accuracy, planning data integrity and accuracy, S&OP performance, service and inventory metrics.
- Engage with Clients and Suppliers to obtain inputs to support the accuracy of the S&OP process.
- Collect and create forecasts and plans to ensure the correct inventory is in the right location for Clients with the optimum storage and transport utilised.
- Based on monthly data analysis from the S&OP process, create improvement and scenario proposals to drive improvements across the planning process.
- Support the department’s inventory planning strategy through various projects relevant to all clients, modelling for potential new clients, support for take-on of new clients, continuous improvement projects involving other business teams, internal consultancy, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject.
- S&OP experience across a range of sectors with strong engagement with stakeholders.
- Working knowledge and implementation of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Competent user of applicable item systems.
- Good numerical skills and technical skills in Excel.
- Able to lead a project team independently as well as work as part of a team.
- Evidence of strong stakeholder management.
- Ability to present information in a clear, concise manner up to senior leadership team level.
- Professional and ethical in approach.
- Excellent communicator at all levels across all media.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.