The role of Receptionist/Administrator is to provide reception service to TVS’s UK Headquarters and to support the HR/Recruitment team with administrative assistance – duties are varied.
- Responsible for arranging and booking new starters on corporate induction.
- Support with the probationary review process & associated correspondence.
- Produce general documentation (presentations, reports and letters) for the HR Team.
- Assist with logistical facilitation of training as required – room bookings/refreshments via canteen etc.
- Attend meetings and type up notes from grievance, investigation & disciplinary meetings, Colleague Forum & Social Committee.
- Scanning, photocopying and physical & digital filing as required.
- Greeting visitors, managing room bookings (via outlook) and lunches for corporate meetings.
- Updating organisational charts using Visio.
- Support the Head of HR and HR Business Partners with day-to-day project work and administrative tasks.
- Answer and forward phone calls to site in a professional manner, giving a positive first impression of the business.
- Sort & pigeon hole hardcopy post ready for collection, sign for postal deliveries, frank outgoing mail.
- Greeting visitors warming ensuring on-site registration and amenities briefing is delivered.
- Maintenance of stationary stock, completing purchase orders where required for re-stock.
- This list is not exhaustive and the post holder should expect other duties commensurate with level of role.
Qualifications and Skills
- Good standard of education with a minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths and English
- Excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent computer skills in particular Excel and other MS Office packages
- Accurate and pays attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Tact and discretion, when dealing with confidential information
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.