This role involves direct collaboration with a TVS client and suppliers to manage commercial purchasing activities encompassing strategic, operational, and commercial aspects. The primary objective is to attain and surpass contractual targets, ensuring high availability, while maintaining the profitability of the account for both the client and TVS through effective supplier management.
- Develop and cultivate supplier relationships using the TVS SRM process.
- Source new or alternative products/suppliers for the client.
- Manage commercial information, including product pricing, lead times, and relevant data, such as setting up parts and suppliers in the ERP system.
- Collaborate with suppliers and the supply chain team to enhance supplier performance, engaging in negotiations to generate cost savings and mitigate increases.
- Host client meetings to identify continuous improvement opportunities and deliver benefits.
- Present purchasing activity periodically in review meetings with clients.
- Conduct review meetings with key suppliers to discuss and enhance performance.
- Lead contract negotiations, agreeing on terms with suppliers and enrolling them in the TVS supply agreement.
- Identify opportunities to improve services, add value, and contribute to TVS’s sustainability.
- Resolve invoice queries with suppliers.
- Perform other purchasing activities as required.
- Manage cross-sector spending categories, investigating, and analysing spend to reduce costs and add value.
- Maintain market intelligence to identify and build relationships with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Implement supply agreements for spending categories benefiting all sectors of TVS.
- Coordinate continuous improvement projects for the collective benefit of TVS across multiple sectors and sites.
- Support new business tenders by sourcing products and issuing RFQs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in purchasing or supply chain.
- Ability to work effectively within deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in computer literacy, including Excel, email, and Word.
- Experience with ERP systems is desirable.
- Experience in hosting meetings.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Proficient in product sourcing.
- Some business travel required for client and supplier meetings.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 additional days available)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.