Purchasing Business Partner
Purchasing Business Partner
The purpose of a TVS Procurement Business Partner is to support, influence and contribute to the overall strategic direction and operational performance of TVS. Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to deliver against operational targets with respect to the Procurement and contract Management requirements of the organisation.
- Development, build and manage the indirect procurement strategy for TVS delivering overall value.
- Manage the indirect spend within TVS to deliver savings in line with the annual target.
- Define, establish and continuously improve procurement process, standard operating procedures, tools, templates and guidance to support procurement policy in an effective way that builds commitment from internal stakeholders.
- Understanding and influencing stakeholders by building rapport, trust and confidence to deliver TVS indirect requirements.
- Review contract lifecycle analysis for suppliers to plan near-term and long-term contract expiry, renewal pipeline and forecast future workload.
- Identify and implement key indirect contracts to move to favourable terms.
- Deliver continuous improvement projects that will provide process improvements and help to enhance the way TVS work.
- Enhance the visibility and procurement control over the indirect spend.
- Identify opportunities to improve services and value add, whilst helping TVS become a more sustainable business.
- Solicit, review and act on stakeholder feedback to address service issues and progress continuous improvement from suppliers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Running tenders and supplier benchmarking experience- engaging with strategic suppliers to ensure competitive commercial position.
- Manage a complex and varied workload and able to work efficiently to tight timescales in an environment requiring attention to detail.
- Excellent commercial acumen. Professional and Ethical in approach.
- Excellent stakeholder communicator with the ability to influence at multiple levels, internally and externally.
- Good understanding of supply chain management and procurement, including best practise purchasing and sourcing tools and techniques.
- Excellent grasp of commercial purchasing opportunities, contract negotiation and management skills.
- Implementation and management of SLA on key contracts.
- ERP or MRP functionality.
- MS Office.
- Willingness to travel/offsite working
- MCIPS (Preferable) or working towards
- Degree qualification (Desirable)
- Extensive experience in a Purchasing environment (specific experience within indirect spend management would be of particular interest)
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 additional days available)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.