To support the activity of the Purchasing function, under the guidance of the Buyers, thus ensuring an efficient and cost effective level of service to the business.
- Analysis of product item information and cleansing of excel data to enable request for quotation to be created.
- Creation of quotations, emailing suppliers and expediting quotations to meet tight deadlines.
- Interpreting supplier quotations and requesting any missing information
- Data inputting of large volume of pricing into Excel spreadsheet, ensuring information complete and accurate.
- Administrative duties that support the Purchasing team in delivering key business objectives and maintain the efficiency of the Purchasing function.
- Support the operational supply function with problem resolution within the supply chain as appropriate.
- Assist the buyers in ensuring client requests are dealt with in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Skills
- Computer literacy, especially strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and able to analyse data.
- Confident and effective communicator.
- Experience of communicating / interfacing with people on a regular basis.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multi task.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Ability to follow work instructions and processes.
- Previous experience in a Purchasing & Supply environment is preferred but not essential.
- Educated to GCSE level including Maths and English
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
TVS are currently operating on a fully remote working basis, there will however, be a period of time at the start of your employment spent in our office familiarising yourself with our systems and process. The longer term plan is to introduce hybrid remote and office working.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.