To support the activity of the Purchasing function, under the guidance of the Buyers, thus ensuring an efficient and cost-effective level of service to the business.
- Responsible for managing quotation requests from the client on a daily basis in line with SLA
- Management and organisation of the rail communal mailbox, solving queries and escalating to the buyers where appropriate
- Preparation of enquiries and co-ordination of responses from suppliers
- Administrative duties that support the Purchasing team in delivering key business objectives and maintain the efficiency of the Purchasing function.
- Support the operational supply function with problem resolution within the supply chain as appropriate
- Assist the buyers in ensuring client requests are dealt with in a timely manner
- Expediting quotes with new and existing suppliers
Qualifications and Skills
- Computer literacy, especially strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and able to analyse data
- Confident and effective communicator
- Experience of communicating / interfacing with people on a regular basis
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multitask would be beneficial.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Previous experience in a Purchasing & Supply environment is preferred
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.