We have two roles available, please specify which one you are applying for
1x Permanent Contract
1x Four month temporary contract
- To support the activity of the Purchasing function, under the guidance of the Buyers, ensuring an efficient and cost-effective level of service to the business.
- Responsible for managing quotation requests from the client in line with SLA’s.
- Management and organisation of the purchasing mailbox, solving queries and escalating to the buyers where appropriate.
- Preparation of enquiries and co-ordination of responses from suppliers.
- Administrative duties that support the Purchasing team in delivering key business objectives and maintain the efficiency of the Purchasing function.
- Support the operational supply function with problem resolution within the supply chain as appropriate.
- Assist the buyers in ensuring client requests are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Expediting quotes with new and existing suppliers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Computer literacy, especially strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and able to analyse data
- Confident and effective communicator
- Experience of communicating / interfacing with people on a regular basis
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multi- task would be beneficial.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Previous experience in a Purchasing & Supply environment is preferred but not essential.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.