TVS are operating as part of Team Leidos, a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major transformation contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
Based at Emersons Green we are now recruiting for an Project Manager working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
The project team are mainly involved with supporting the project lifecycle of medical equipment sourced for the MOD for deployment to the front lines and military medical facilities throughout the world. Duties will include:
- Assist with projects over their life cycle (CADMID), managing project outputs and deliverables, ensuring project objectives and benefits are delivered OTIF to cost and quality.
- Coordinate project trials and testing of equipment as necessary, including air worthiness, environmental and underwater testing.
- Prioritise and plan delivery of allocated projects from programme of works.
- Managing spend allocation to enable project success and completion of projects within MoD budgets
- Stakeholder engagement, often senior military positions, equipment suppliers and manufacturers globally. Developing stakeholder profiles and stakeholder strategy and plans, IOT fulfil the customer’s requirement in line with agreed MoD budgets.
- Maintain Equipment and Consumable technical product details within the internal IT Product Data Management system (Msys.PDM)
- Produce and maintain user documents (AESPs) for Medical, Dental and Veterinary equipment
- Produce project documents, such as project management plans, risk assessments and business cases
- Deliver project briefs to Stakeholders and Directors during Contract Approval Board (CAB) as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with grade C or above in 5 subjects including English and Maths, with a demonstrable ability to obtain project management qualification (APMP)
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in assisting with successful projects
- Competent in Microsoft office applications, such as, Word, Excel and Powerpoint and other IT database/ERP/SAP systems
- Attention to detail and organisational skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
- Experience of writing reports / user documents
- Understanding of business/commercial processes
- Previous experience of working in a defence environment
- Experience in using MS Project
- APMP / PRINCE 2 Qualification
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
TVS are currently operating on a fully remote working basis, there will however, be a period of time at the start of your employment spent in our office familiarising yourself with our systems and process. The longer term plan is to introduce hybrid remote and office working.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.