Project Delivery & Business Process Lead
Project Delivery & Business Process Lead
Commodity Support Services (CSS) is composed of TVS SCS and Leidos Supply Ltd (LSL) and, work in partnership with Leidos Europe (LEL) and Kuehne + Nagel International AG (KN). CSS is composed of 4 main Pillars focusing on, Commodity Management, Inventory & Equipment Management, Supply Chain & Category Management as well as Acquisition and Contract Management.
The Head of Business Performance and Development deploys a support capability across the above Pillars as well as outside the CSS organisation working closely with LSL, LEL, KN and wider TVS SCS. Change Management/Commissioning within CSS is considered as organic growth and, has driven multiple new items and/or new capabilities within CSS or wider. Consequently, CSS is today looking for a strong Project delivery capability to ensure that change project proposals are efficiently, and effectively delivered to Defence.
To manage coordinate and support the successful delivery of Commodity Support Services (CSS) / functional change projects from Authority to Proceed (ATP) to project delivery to Defence. This role is centric and multi-faceted to Team Leidos and, will play a critical part into the management and tracking of various projects/new capabilities delivery across CSS. The role will focus within each commodity area and provide clarity of project delivery and key milestone progress, an emphasis on project optimisation and Continuous Improvement (C.I) and achieve forward planning of resources to ensure smooth project delivery on time and in budget.
Please note we work on a hybrid model of three/four days working from home and one/two days in our offices in Emersons Green, Bristol each week. Therefore, you must be located within reasonable commuting distance to Bristol.
- Line Management of Project Coordinator
- Accountable for the successful delivery of CSS commodity projects led by Leidos P3M community at Prime level.
- Track and forward plan project resources to lessen impact of potential ‘blockers’
- Drive, capture and manage change project costs and efforts across resources and project teams.
- Capture potential impacts of change projects on CSS/TVS Business processes and, work with the CSS Quality team and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to document, align and update them accordingly and ensure compliance.
- Drive C.I across CSS and project teams to standardised practices across CSS considering alignment with Leidos P3M project principles, processes, tools, and templates.
- Capture, track, mitigate and report project risks, assumptions, dependencies, and issues.
- Report to the Head of Business Performance & Development with a dotted line into Leidos P3M project leads.
- Work in collaboration with the TVS programme Director and/or TVS Heads of Projects to align practices where possible and ensure a clear communication line of project delivery status & follow-up.
- Attend P3M review meetings to update on CSS project delivery progress end-to-end and provide active feedback and planning based on any change in Customer priorities.
- Attend and support LEL Integrated Master Scheduling (IMS) to share Level 2 plans are developing & resource demand profiles in CSS/TVS.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prince2 Practitioner and/or equivalent i.e. APM (PMQ/PPQ)
- Experiences in delivering change projects/new capability in a multi-faceted sector / company.
- Defence knowledge and experiences is desirable.
- Continuous Improvement qualification such as Lean DMACI, 6 Sigma is desirable.
- Authentic leadership and management qualities.
- Professional and Ethical in Approach
- Proven ability to persuade and influence with wide-ranging internal and external stakeholders.
- A good communicator and facilitator who builds trust and, can confidently manage conflict and seek resolution or ways forward as a team.
- Proven teamwork and emotional intelligence aptitude.
- MS Office
- Full Driving Licence
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are specialists in receiving, processing and managing the flow of raw materials, individual components and spare parts for a range of manufacturers within the automotive, beverage, industrial and defence markets.
Operating from six bespoke centres across the UK plus a number of strategic facilities across Europe, Asia and the USA, TVS SCS is owned by TVS Logistics Investment which is part of the $6bn TVS Group and has ambitious plans for global expansion.
Determined to be different, our specialist services set us apart as a market-leading 4PL provider. Our tailor made options include: inventory management; funding and control; supplier management; warehousing; packaging; inbound and outbound transport and logistics; same day delivery; kitting; sequencing; IT software for planning and costing and creation of technical product literature.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer