The Programme Manager is responsible for overseeing the delivery of key multi-project business initiatives. This includes the effective coordination of the programme’s workstreams and management of their interdependencies, including oversight of any risks and issues.
- Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of a programme (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, assumptions, opportunities, issues, dependencies and quality requirements)
- Preparing and maintaining an overall schedule for resource deployed across related projects, avoiding bottlenecks and conflicting demands, supporting required sequencing outcomes, and enabling the efficient realisation of benefits
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of programmes, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, that align with organisational practice
- Accountable for the successful delivery of essential large-scale programmes of work to drive significant business growth
- Ensuring the delivery of programmes are to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget
- Chairing senior stakeholder programme meetings
- Identifying and monitoring programme risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect programmes
- Communication to internal and external stakeholders regarding progress, risks, issues and milestone delivery
- Leading a group of project managers to drive the delivery of the key project objectives
- Overseeing a range of different projects across the department
- Managing finances and budgets
- Holding regular review sessions with project managers and workstream leads
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
Qualifications and Skills
An organised and focussed Programme Management professional who genuinely cares about their customers and colleagues and has a desire ‘to get things done’.
Significant previous experience in Project Management roles, and has delivered large scale transformation projects.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Strong leadership skills, with a good understanding of motivating and driving programme delivery.
Proficient in various programme management software (e.g. MS Project).
Suitably qualified with experience in either PRINCE2, APM, Agile and/or Waterfall accreditation
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (up to 5 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
- Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.