Analyse item technical data to derive the most favourable method of promoting this data into our in-house developed Product Data Management application and how it is published to our in-house developed (web-deployed) eCommerce application.
Create and maintain a logical taxonomy for naming and arranging items into groupings which share similar attributes and characteristics. Producing a well-thought-out taxonomy, when published to an online catalogue, is an important aspect of the range of items offered to the target audience. The thought process behind this makes sure they identify (and order) the right part as quickly as possible, first time.
Make sure that TVS ‘Best Practice’ data management principles are applied and adhered to – across all technical data management entries.
Understand our Product Data Management application and its interaction with other ‘core’ applications, its functionality and capability, the TVS business ‘rules’ and workflow processes.
- Look for process improvement(s) and/or efficiencies in data loading and ongoing data maintenance.
- Take ‘raw’ technical data and apply a logical taxonomy, considering the end-user/consumer of the published data.
- Take ‘raw’ technical data and define/enhance/build logical product schemas and the attributes contained within them.
- Pre-process and build bulk data-loads for importing to the PDM application.
- Support the Technical Data Design Specialist in the implementation of new data designs and data imports.
- Consider the downstream implications of item data changes and the impact on TVS’s other core applications and departments.
- Using the product data management application: load item data, load catalogue structures, load item attributes and schemas.
- Change-manage the lifecycle of an asset/item from introduction to obsolescence.
- Aid other TVS departments to resolve manufacturing, stocking and quality queries.
- Liaise with client Account Managers to resolve queries relating to item technical data.
- Aid third parties using the product data management system (as-and-when required).
Qualifications and Skills
- Good communication skills.
- Must be numerate and have a good command of English.
- PC skills essential.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel.
- An attention to detail.
- Ability to use a logical/common-sense approach to data structures.
- Previous experience in handling technical data and management of that data is beneficial.
- Previous experience in building taxonomies and catalogue structures is beneficial.
- Building relationships with Suppliers and/or Purchasing is beneficial.
- Understanding Hazardous Goods and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) information is beneficial.
- Previous experience interpreting bills of material, would be advantageous.
- Achievement and drive.
- Building relationships.
- Decision making and judgement.
- Customer focused.
- Cross-functional working.