- To provide support as a member of the Medical Commodity team.
- To be part of a customer-facing, technical-focused team covering all elements that define an item of supply including Acquisition Safety Management and Product Quality Assurance.
- To operate as part of a team providing the specification configuration control of Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Products.
- To provide timely support to Product recalls, Alerts, and Safety Notices issued by Industry, and the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
- To operate within the confines of the MHRA Wholesale Distribution Authorisation (WDA).
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide a customer-facing, technical-focused team covering all elements that define an item of supply including Acquisition Safety Management and Product Quality Assurance.
- Assist and deputise for the Pharmacist
- Liaising with customers and Regional Pharmacists where demands require clarification/diligence checkes
- Sourcing new items, identifying supply route and providing technical information in support of procurement.
- Identifying where generic switching appropriate/available for demands for branded lines.
- Sourcing and administration of suitable cost effective ‘specials’.
- Identifying and advising on alternatives for out of stock/ MCS items.
- Liaising with manufacturers/ suppliers to confirm extent of supply issues and implementing alternative solutions where available.
- Dealing with problem demands and advising on solutions (wrong NSN’s/ codes/ descriptions/large quantities/non-cat/ inappropriate demands).
- Responding to Type 1 and Type 2 customer requests for technical information/ NSN’s.
- Collation of information and supporting documentation to AGOMM secretary for unlicensed alternative solutions.
- Responding to technical queries by telephone/ e-mail/ Med DT Team enquiries.
- Updating and maintenance of technical information in response to changes in external or internal policy and guidance/ supplier switches/ code amendments/ prescribing policy/ new and discontinued lines/ routine immunisation schedules/ MHRA recalls/ Off-patent drugs/ formulary changes/ supply issues.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Current registration as Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
- A minimum of 3 years’ recent experience in a Pharmaceutical environment. It is advantageous to have previous experience within Defence.
- Knowledge of broad ranging Human & Veterinary Medicines, and Medical Consumables is advantageous,
- Knowledge and experience of the MHRA and GDP.
- Experience of data management systems.
- Knowledge and experience of MOD Logistic IT systems is advantageous to the post.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be numerate and have a good command of English both written and verbal.
- PC skills essential including knowledge of MS Office Suite including Excel.
- Process improvement capability.
- Ability to travel independently (some travel can be anticipated
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are specialists in receiving, processing and managing the flow of raw materials, individual components and spare parts for a range of manufacturers within the automotive, beverage, industrial and defence markets.
Operating from six bespoke centres across the UK plus a number of strategic facilities across Europe, Asia and the USA, TVS SCS is owned by TVS Logistics Investment which is part of the $6bn TVS Group and has ambitious plans for global expansion.
Determined to be different, our specialist services set us apart as a market-leading 4PL provider. Our tailor made options include: inventory management; funding and control; supplier management; warehousing; packaging; inbound and outbound transport and logistics; same day delivery; kitting; sequencing; IT software for planning and costing and creation of technical product literature.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.