TVS are operating as part of Team Leidos, a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major transformation contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
We are now recruiting for an Obsolescence Manager working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works. This role can be on either a fully remote or hybrid working basis, with 3/4 days a week working from home.
The Obsolescence Manager is required to review, develop and maintain compliance processes to enable proactive management of parts obsolescence management.
- Develop and maintain the CSS Obsolescence Management (OM) strategy and capability for CSS managed parts used in the air environment.
- CSS OM technical lead providing assistance and direction regarding OM strategy, measurement, approach and resolution.
- Act as POC for Commodity Managers in relation to OM for CSS parts used in the air environment.
- Establish an OM plan, processes and instructions for CSS parts used in the air environment – aligned to the requirements of BS 62402:2001, Section 8 of the MOD Guide to OM and TOMCAT (Total Obsolescence Management Capability Assessment Tool).
- Collaborate with the CSS supply chain (incl suppliers) to deliver effective obsolescence monitoring and reporting.
- Develop training to support implementation of OM within the relevant areas of CSS.
- Collaborate with CSS Business Support to develop MI regarding OM processes for CSS parts used in the air environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to contribute to a variety of cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision-making.
- Commercially aware.
- Degree qualified in an engineering or managerial discipline or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge of obsolescence modelling, prediction tools and techniques.
- Able to undertake technical problem-solving activities in obsolescence management using comprehensive expertise, knowledge and experience.
- An understanding of industrial developments in the field of obsolescence management and ability to assess technical and commercial impact on the business for continuous improvement.
- Significant aerospace experience in an equipment support environment
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 days)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.