TVS are operating as part of Team Leidos, a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major transformation contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
We are now recruiting for a Medical Technician working for TVS as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
Please note we work on a hybrid model of four days WFH and one day in our offices in Emersons Green, Bristol each week. Therefore, you must be located within reasonable commuting distance to Bristol.
Support new item introduction and providing technical information in support of procurement.
· Liaise with customers where demands require clarification/diligence checks.
· Identifying and advising on alternatives for out of stock/MCS items.
· Liaising with manufacturers to confirm extent of supply issues and implementing alternative solutions where available.
· Maintain consumable technical product details within Msys.PDM.
· Support the team in the delivery of new projects and catalogue maintenance.
· Identify and execute opportunities to improve data quality and breadth as resource allows.
· Maintain quality standards on PDM & electronic parts catalogues to ensure they meet with client expectations with respect to content, appearance and functionality within in the confines of the contracted scope.
· Visit suppliers and relevant Industry Meetings and Exhibitions to maintain and enhance product knowledge.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
· Ideally holding a formal qualification in a Nursing or recognised Profession Allied to Medicine (PAM) role, such as:
· Operating Department Practitioner
· Biomedical Scientist
· Laboratory Technician
· Registered Nurse
· Previous experience in a Medical environment. It is advantageous to have previous experience within Defence.
· Ability to use a common-sense approach to catalogue data structures.
· Experience of data management systems.
· Knowledge and experience of MOD Logistic IT systems is advantageous to the post.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
· Must be numerate and have a good command of English both written and verbal.
· PC skills essential.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
We operate flexible start and finish times, have onsite car parking and have dress down and early finish on Friday’s each week.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
· Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
· 25 Days Holiday
· Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
1. GP consultation and second opinions
2. Mental health support
3. Financial and Legal support
4. Wellbeing and healthy living support
· Employee referral scheme with financial reward
· Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
· Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer