TVS are working as part of Team Leidos, which is a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence. We are recruiting for a Medical Technician for the medical supplies division of the Commodity Management Pillar.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Healthcare Assistant (Band 3 calibre) to utilise product knowledge in medical consumables to support Team Leidos and UK Defence Clinicians. The Medical Technician will be working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD is supported.
The primary role of the Technical Pillar is to assist in the specification development, in-service technical management, rationalisation and commercialisation of a range of products required to maintain and support a vast range of military platforms operating in the Land, Air and Maritime environments.
Reporting to the Medical Commodity Lead, you will:
- Act as the technical expert for the range of medical consumables products, including providing day-to-day technical product support and expert advice, through your medical product knowledge.
- Advise on product modifications, safety cases and safety issues within Team Leidos.
- Help to build relationships with customers (senior military and MOD Civil Servants) and suppliers to agree product requirements and specifications.
- Work with the Military Tri-Services and industry experts to seek out potential for improvements and to rationalisation of product ranges, by attending contract meetings, industry expos and trade fairs to keep abreast of industry trends and innovations.
- Be professionally confident to provide technical support to contract tender, evaluation and through life management, including obsolescence management.
Qualifications and Skills
- NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is essential.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Full UK driving licence. (Some travel can be anticipated).
- Experience in critical care or theatre.
- Previous experience of working in or with the UK MoD and understanding of the UK MoD processes and equipment.
- Knowledge of NATO codification requirement and process.
- A working knowledge of a supply chain end to end process.
- An interest in Medical Consumables and willingness to develop your technical knowledge.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 additional days available)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
TVS have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a forces friendly employer.