TVS are operating as part of Team Leidos, a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major transformation contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
We are now recruiting for a Medical Technician working for TVS as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works.
Please note we work on a hybrid model of four days WFH and one day in our offices in Emersons Green, Bristol each week. Therefore, you must be located within reasonable commuting distance to Bristol.
Support new item introduction and providing technical information in support of procurement.
· Liaise with customers where demands require clarification/diligence checks.
· Identifying and advising on alternatives for out of stock/MCS items.
· Liaising with manufacturers to confirm extent of supply issues and implementing alternative solutions where available.
· Maintain consumable technical product details within Msys.PDM.
· Support the team in the delivery of new projects and catalogue maintenance.
· Identify and execute opportunities to improve data quality and breadth as resource allows.
· Maintain quality standards on PDM & electronic parts catalogues to ensure they meet with client expectations with respect to content, appearance and functionality within in the confines of the contracted scope.
· Visit suppliers and relevant Industry Meetings and Exhibitions to maintain and enhance product knowledge.
Qualifications and Skills
· Ideally holding a formal qualification in a Nursing or recognised Profession Allied to Medicine (PAM) role, such as:
· Operating Department Practitioner
· Biomedical Scientist
· Laboratory Technician
· Registered Nurse
· Previous experience in a Medical environment. It is advantageous to have previous experience within Defence.
· Ability to use a common-sense approach to catalogue data structures.
· Experience of data management systems.
· Knowledge and experience of MOD Logistic IT systems is advantageous to the post.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
· Must be numerate and have a good command of English both written and verbal.
· PC skills essential.