Junior Business Analyst
Junior Business Analyst
TVS are working as part of Team Leidos, which is a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence. We are recruiting for a Junior Business Analyst for the Business Analyst team of the Inventory & Equipment Pillar.
This role will be working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD is supported.
- Support current business performance reporting requirements, collate and manipulate information from multiple sources to produce quality deliverables to meet contractual reporting requirements.
- Support the development of a BI Reporting tool and new IT solutions to ensure business reporting requirements are captured and that information is available in a logical and accessible format.
- Scope to deliver ad hoc reporting and management information requests from the business, provide interpretation of requirements to deliver quality deliverables to agreed deadlines and in an effective and efficient manner.
- Assist in the design and development of new reporting solutions to meet business requirements, propose new value adding metrics and procedures and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to agree improvements to existing performance tools & techniques with knowledge of supply chain data or data management.
- Analyse current business performance & challenges, to diagnose the root cause of failures and inform continuous improvement actions with an ambition to visualise complex data in manageable formats.
- Manage stakeholder’s requirements and expectations to achievable and manageable outputs from all areas of the business.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills; ability to interpret system generated data, produce reports, and collate input from Stakeholders within the organisation, with the enthusiasm to root out opportunities and drive through performance improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to build successful working relationships with team members, key stakeholders and other departmental teams.
- A strong level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including advanced Excel.
- Working knowledge of Cognos or similar technology (Ideally DB2 webquery).
- Experience in supply chain data or Data visualisation.
- Working knowledge of Databases and data manipulation techniques
- Previous experience in a similar reporting role.
- Basic understanding of SQL or VBA
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
- Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
- Holiday buy-back scheme (5 additional days available)
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
- GP consultation and second opinions
- Mental health support
- Financial and Legal support
- Wellbeing and healthy living support
- Employee referral scheme with financial reward
- Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
- Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.